• April 23, 2024, 07:30:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need my printer back without downgrade  (Read 19088 times)

RTShaw

• Level 1 Member
Re: Need my printer back without downgrade
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »

I upgraded to 1.4
Almost everything is ok (some problems sometime to delete folders, and the UPNP AV still too limited) but the big problem is the printer server does not work anymore.
Don't want to downgrade and have to copy files back and forth to the DNS-323.
Can please D-Link provide us with a firmware that correct bugs without introducing new ones?? >:(

yes please... im bedridden with printer in repair room (so is the dns-323) so i have no choice but 2 revert back. or purchase a separate print server.

I Am a Criminal created by the US Government
A Medical Cannabis Advocate, User & Engineer.
I Designed your Space Shuttles, Cars & Software.
Can't design Squat now!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 02:30:15 PM »

If you are not using Windows Vista and are having an issue with a printer that worked with 1.03 firmware I would recommend reverting back to 1.03. We are currently looking into an issue with the print server function on firmware 1.04. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »

After updating the firmware it is recommended to remove the printer in the"Printer and Faxes" in the Control Panel and reconfigure your printer.

Nooooo ... are you sure ?????
I think we all already perform that before.
Someone who directly fix the issue on the REG will probably perform ALLLLL basic step before.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »

You would be surprised.

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 05:21:41 PM »

nothing suprise me with Microsoft anymore ...  ;D

I know revert to V103 fix the issue, but in my case, the only way i fix the problems in V1.04 was by cleanning everything link to this NAS on the REG, and re-install the NAS again...

Funny ...

zehninguem

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 09:58:11 AM »

Hey guys, it's time to stop to pass DLink's errors to Vista (MS), yes I know Vista is not so great but this printer problem is DLink's only bug, please see solution bellow:

Looks like the problem is really on 1.04 firmware.
If you have telnet access to you DNS-323 you can see the following.
samba configuration file points to called .lpd located at \mnt\HD_a2, this was correct for firmware version 1.03 but firmware 1.04 creates this diretory (.lpd) at \mnt\HD_a4.
If you copy the .lpd directory from \mnt\HD_a2 to \mnt\HD_a4 and reboot the dns-323, voila, everything works again as used to work at 1.03.
Looks like somebody at DLink decided to change the .lpd directory location and forgot to change the samba configuration file.

Obs: Since the Samba configuration file is saved on memory to copy the directory was a easier solution (it is located at the hard disk).

Obs2: Please DLink, could you verify this and all other configuration files when you issue 1.05 to avaid 2 months of reserach and problems?

Cheers

zehninguem

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 01:25:30 PM »

Just a short correction (as remarked by fordem)
is to copy /mnt/HD_a4/.lpd to /mnt/HD_a2/.lpd
as also said by fordem, must also works just creating the /mnt/HD_a2/.lpd folder.

Hope next time DLink save us precious time taking care to synchronize firmware modifications with samba and other config files.

Cheers

jrbilodeau

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 06:01:11 AM »

hey guys, check out this thread, it has some suggestions for printer problems

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=1524.0

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 05:27:14 PM »

We will be releasing firmware to address the printer server issue. I am very sorry for the inconvenience

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »

Firmware 1.05 is now available on the D-Link support website.

http://www.support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DNS%2D323

Release notes:

¤ Add BitTorrent Support.
¤ Add LLTD Support.
¤ Add Jumbo Frame Support up to 9000.
¤ Add option to re-configure the Hard Drive configuration as RAID 1 when installing the 2nd new Hard Disk.
¤ Add Korean and Turkish codepage support in the FTP client language settings.
¤ Add .info domain support for email alerts.
¤ Fixed Hard Disk formatting on certain drives.
¤ Fixed Print Server support.
¤ Fixed iTunes support for large music libraries.

alvinyow

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 10:23:27 AM »

I'm facing the problem of installing the printer when i'm runing vista premium. Whe i was in XP everything work perfectly fine even when i switch the network from wireless to wired. Seems window do remember the network path that cos lots of problem in vista. If i change from wireless to wired i need to remap everything again. Any one happen to meet this?

I had Samsung ML2010 connected to the usb port of dns323. It work perfectly under window xp and response pretty fast with the request. When it comes to vista.....all suck up. I dunno wat exactly had happen. Try to remove the printer and install again. The process is tremendously slow but manage to install. Though it success to install but when comes to open the printer properties for a print testpage. It is another hell lots of time wasted. How can i improve this? Was it the problem of the vista or the firmware. I had just upgrade the firmware to 105 after all the difficulties with the print server. Seems it does not make any milestone too.... Eventhough the firmware claim to hv improve the printer problem.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 11:24:40 AM »

Requirements:
-Printer drivers available
-IP Address of the DNS-323

1. Uninstall the printer you added, "lp on dns-323".
2. Go to Add Printer, Run the Add printer wizard.
3. Select "Local Printer"
4. Select NEW port, Local Port
5. When you receive the "Enter a port name" dialog type in, "\\192.168.0.32\lp" where 192.168.0.32 is the IP address of your DNS-323.
6. Follow the rest of the wizard steps and when it asks for drivers select have disk and point the directory to your driver folder.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 07:21:58 PM »

Just a suggestion ...

it might be easier to install the printer directly attached to the computer and then change the port to a local tcp/ip port.

Edit...

It seems alvinyow (see below) misunderstood me - so let me make it clear - I'm not suggesting that you leave the printer connected to the PC, but that you install it directly attached to the PC to get the drivers on the PC and then connect the printer to the DNS-323 and change the port to a local tcp/ip port.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 09:03:32 PM by fordem »
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

alvinyow

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 08:44:24 PM »

;D
ya it is great, i got the printer working right now on my vista premium.
I hv few pc running on diff platform xp/linux/vista...... so connected to a local pc is not the right choice. as the pc may shutdown after work too.
Thanks again for the reply.

Sunny - DNS323

• Level 1 Member
Printer Cannot Connect
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 02:05:25 PM »

Hi, I am having similar print server problems with my DNS-323. I have Windows XP Home version.
I just bought the DNS-323 recently, and it came with version 1.04, but I have tried to get my Lexmark X5495 printer to work with it without any success. I have tried all the solutions you have offered on this website & forum and still have had no success, and I have tried it with the other Laptops I have and they also do not print. I keep on getting the Message "Cannot Connect" although on the printer status it shows ready. I have also upgraded the firmware to version 1.05, and still no success. Can anyone help?
Pages: 1 [2]