• April 19, 2024, 08:58:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Website Update  (Read 2946 times)

dallen

• Level 2 Member
Website Update
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:54:03 PM »

Ever since D-Link changed their website I am unable to find an option to download the firmware for the DNS-343.  I can find the DNS-323-110, DNS-325-110, and DNS-343-4TB under Resources >> Downloads >> Firwmare/Utilities.  Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Website Update
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 06:45:12 AM »

It's not you.  There seem to be some circular links, dead links (e.g. product manual), and firmware pages with no firmware listed for download.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:46:46 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

dallen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 07:49:12 AM »

Thanks JavaLawyer,
Are you really a lawyer?  If so, what kind and what state (assuming U.S.)?
I'm a lawyer myself (mostly consumer debt collections).
A mentor of mine says he always answers the question of what kind of a lawyer are you with the answer "a good one."

Regarding the topic at hand, it seems that D-Link makes some outstanding products, but could use some improvements in the areas of product support and now website development.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 08:09:26 AM »

Thanks JavaLawyer,
Are you really a lawyer?  If so, what kind and what state (assuming U.S.)?
I'm a lawyer myself (mostly consumer debt collections).
A mentor of mine says he always answers the question of what kind of a lawyer are you with the answer "a good one."

Yes. Without getting into specifics, I'm an attorney and software engineer working in the technology sector in the Northeast U.S. (...and I like to think I'm a "good one" :)).

Regarding the topic at hand, it seems that D-Link makes some outstanding products, but could use some improvements in the areas of product support and now website development.

Over the past few months, the D-Link ShareCenter website has been incrementally usurping bits and pieces of the DNS product line information from www.dlink.com. They should have completed the ShareCenter website offline and had a 100% cut over once the site was completed and properly tested.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:14:04 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 08:17:27 PM »

Sad..but agree. I'll have them look at the DNS-343 tomorrow when I am in the office. I mean having an amazingly un-intuitive and hard to navigate website is one thing but broken links, now I'm just mad! :).