• March 29, 2024, 02:24:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Any way to get full frame video? DCS-960L  (Read 8304 times)

JJdaCool

• Level 1 Member
  • i
Any way to get full frame video? DCS-960L
« on: August 30, 2018, 04:22:39 AM »

I have noticed that sometimes after a reboot for 1 or 2 seconds the video from this camera will be full 180 degrees,
 then it will switch to normal cropped 100 degrees.

Is there a way (magic setting) to keep it in full view or full frame 180 degrees all the time?

(Note: normal display for the DCS-960L is cropped or zoomed to 100 degrees field of view, this is how it is after factory reset.
On the home url page there is an eptz option  and where the displayed field of view can be moved side to side or up and down but maintains about 100 total degrees fov, and can be zoomed in to be less than 100, but not zoomed out beyond 100 degrees.)

Both of my 960s are Hw ver A1, Fw ver 1.06.01 . usa. One is connected to a xfinity tombstone modem, the other to an xfinity surfboard modem at a different site.
Both sometimes breifly show 180 upon reboot, typically from schedule reboot and sadly it never stays for more than 2 seconds.

And if there is not a setting, then maybe it could be a new setting included in the next firmware update, something like "keep 180".

Thanks.

Yo!

sharpeagle

• Level 1 Member
Re: Any way to get full frame video? DCS-960L
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 08:09:58 PM »

I have noticed that sometimes after a reboot for 1 or 2 seconds the video from this camera will be full 180 degrees,
 then it will switch to normal cropped 100 degrees.

Is there a way (magic setting) to keep it in full view or full frame 180 degrees all the time?

Not sure if it's still relevant for you now, but at least someone else could benefit....
The FOV gets lower if you have enabled the PTZ. Just uncheck the PTZ box in the web interface (home.asp) and you'll have your 180* back.
The PTZ is actually a software/digital feature, it's just playing around with the wider frame, but in order to look like a real PTZ, the main FOV has to be decreased...