• April 24, 2024, 10:49:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: DCS-2332L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 95753 times)

nico33

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-2332L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 12:44:53 PM »

Just bought a 2332L and not that much happy with it   :-\
How can I shutdown both green status and red ir led ??

I want a discreet cam to watch my home, not another ****ing christmas tree

edit..
ok got my answer, just go to the ip address of the cam and there are more settings there, first I though I could access it only through mydlink
(mydlink which is ************* so slow, those java authorization requests all over the place again and again, ..)

Is there another way to access to the sdcard recordings (other than mydlink) ? why can't the iPhone app access it for this cam ?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:35:15 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 05:36:51 AM »

Could you please add Scheduled Reboot to the Wish list.
Example: Scheduled Reboot 24 hour
or maybe a drop down box where you could select -24 hour, 12 hour, 6 Hour, 3 Hour.
Reason: To resolve camera hanging every once in a while. Does not happen every day but when it does a software
reboot resolves the issue.

You have already added - Motion Detection - Refine Day/Night mode switching judgment I am also having that problem having to manually login to my camera every morning and evening to change my Sensitivity setting and Percentage, so camera will not false record and will record when there is action.

Thank You for your time.

Added to the wishlist. . .  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 05:37:15 AM »

1.)
Ability to make it switch exposure modes when it switches from day to night mode.
I can have great night picture if I change it to low noise and high gain. Problem
is when day comes it switches to day mode and uses the same settings and the picture
is to bright to use. I cant believe this is not included. So basically its a night or day
cam unless your home and dusk and dawn to manually change it.
If this is corrected Ill buy 6 more of these cams if not ill not buy or recommend.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=56226.0

2.)
Be able to turn the cam 90 degree and change it to be correct just like flip and mirror!

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 05:37:35 AM »

Hello - As I had mentioned before I had considered getting a Outdoor timer to power cycle the camera but thought it would be nice (wish) if the D-Link team included a scheduled reboot in same location you can preform a reboot in maintenance. There is no problem with my WiFi signal reaching the camera, I have confirmed this with a WiFi signal meter.

I am more concerned with the ability to be able to change sensitivity and percent values from day mode to night mode to get better security recordings without false recordings occurring. Yes I know this has already been added to the wish list.

Thank You for your time.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 05:39:00 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2332L Wishlist

• Day/Night Mode - Option to set different exposure settings for Day Mode and Night Mode (e.g. noise, gain)
  • Image - Option to rotate camera image 90 degrees to accommodate different camera mounting orientations
  • Maintenance - Scheduled reboot (with a user defined interval, e.g. 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours)
  • Motion Detection - Option to set different motion detection sensitivity settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • Motion Detection - Refine Day/Night mode switching judgment
  • SD Card - Ability to delete non-empty directories
  • SD Card - Add FTP access
  • Video - Ability to store Files in sub-directories
  • Video - Store motion detection events as one contiguous file rather than many small video clips (i.e. implement through user configurable video duration and maximum file size)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

rstark18

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 06:54:59 PM »

Ability to adjust PIR sensitivity.
Preview screen showing what the PIR is sensing as a detection. Does any camera firmware currently have this?

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 06:20:00 AM »

Ability to adjust PIR sensitivity.
Preview screen showing what the PIR is sensing as a detection. Does any camera firmware currently have this?

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:00 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2332L Wishlist

• Day/Night Mode - Option to set different exposure settings for Day and Night Mode (e.g. noise, gain)
  • Image - Option to rotate camera image 90 degrees to accommodate different camera mounting orientations
  • Maintenance - Scheduled reboot (with a user defined interval, e.g. 3 hrs., 6 hrs., 12 hrs., 24 hrs.)
  • Motion Detection - Option to adjust PIR sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - Option to set different motion detection sensitivity settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • Video - Store motion detection events as one contiguous file rather than many small video clips (i.e. implement through user configurable video duration and maximum file size)

• TBD

Acumen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »

New with the 2332 I mis some features of the 5222L ;)
  • Draw Motion Detection area in the WebGUI
  • Support for Non-IE browsers on Zoom and PTZ

• SFTP Support
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:00:26 AM by Acumen »

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 06:29:05 PM »

New with the 2332 I mis some features of the 5222L ;)
  • Draw Motion Detection area in the WebGUI
  • Support for Non-IE browsers on Zoom and PTZ

• SFTP Support

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 06:35:47 PM »

DCS-2332L Wishlist

• General - Non-IE browser support for Zoop and PTZ
  • Day/Night Mode - Option to set different exposure settings for Day and Night Mode (e.g. noise, gain)
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • Maintenance - Scheduled reboot (with a user defined interval, e.g. 3 hrs., 6 hrs., 12 hrs., 24 hrs.)
  • Motion Detection - Option to draw motion detection area (similar to DCS-5222L Web UI)

• TBD

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm glad i found this thread.

I have purchased this camera a few weeks ago and i'm NOT happy with it so far.
I also have a DCS-5222, and that camera is working 500times better then the 2332L

Here are the problems i have with the 2332L :

- After less then 24hours it stops motion detecting and records strange avi files on the SD card. I've set the max file size to 5000kb, and after it starts doing strange things they only get to 1990kb and are like 'still' movies. When i open them they are like 0.5 frame/sec movies or even less...... :-/

- When switching from day to night mode the motion detection goes crazy and starts recording continiously because of the grainy picture. My DCS-5222 doesn't have this problem and works for months without even touching the setup menu.... With the 2332L you have to manually change the settings each day/evening to make it work :-/ I don't think that is meant to be with a security cam.

- There is no option to "loop recording" on the SD card while using motion detection. The "loop" option is only available when recording mode is used but this option record continiously. So after the SD card is full it's "game over" with motion detection recording.

So in short :

- Please fix the day/night motion detection issue (so it works like the DCS-5222).
- Implement loop recording while using motion detection
- Make it able to play the recorded files with Dlink Lite app (it works with the 5222, so why not with the 2332)
- Make it possible to switch off the saving of .log files on SD card/FTP server. Every time an event happends it also daves a .log file to my SD card/FTP server and allot less userfriendly to browse to all those useless files.
- Maybe let us draw more then 1 motion detection pattern and configure each pattern different. For example, when the upper right corner detects motion -> send email......   When the lower left corner detects motion --> Make snapshot and upload to FTP etc...

I want to use this at my front door and only receive an email when someone is at my front door or driveway, but also detect motion on the street but not getting email from that motion detection.

I hope this is a bit understandable :) My english is not that good.

New thread created here: DCS-2332L - Motion Detection Issue

hbien03

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »

This is more of a bug report - the "Record" feature (at least to the SD card) incorrectly uses some alternative time zone (I suspect GMT?) rather than the local time-zone in the filename. I understand slightly that this will prevent the recordings from over-writing if someone were to change the time-zones, but then given that the video playback is very unwieldy using only the MyDLink website on a PC, it becomes rather confusing and difficult to select the proper recording.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 04:33:19 AM »

This is more of a bug report - the "Record" feature (at least to the SD card) incorrectly uses some alternative time zone (I suspect GMT?) rather than the local time-zone in the filename. I understand slightly that this will prevent the recordings from over-writing if someone were to change the time-zones, but then given that the video playback is very unwieldy using only the MyDLink website on a PC, it becomes rather confusing and difficult to select the proper recording.

Added to the firmware wishlist. . . .  ;)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 04:36:49 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

DCS-2332L Wishlist

• General - Non-IE browser support for Zoop and PTZ
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • Motion Detection - Option to draw motion detection area (similar to DCS-5222L Web UI)
  • SD Card [Bug] - Time stamp on files saved to the SD card are different from camera local timezone

• TBD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5