• March 29, 2024, 03:11:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WBR-2310 Freezing/Wireless issues  (Read 6118 times)

Heath

• Level 1 Member
WBR-2310 Freezing/Wireless issues
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »

Okay i've been having some troubles with my router...

At random times, increasingly over time, the router will seem to freeze, and anything connected wireless to it will lose connection, and i cannot go to 192.168.0.1... But anything thats connected to it with a ethernet cable is fine... I've read a bunch of posts that pretty much say if you're having trouble try downgrading the firmware, which i'm at lunch right now but i'll do that when i get home, i just dunno which firmware to try, i'm at 1.05 right now.. so i was just wanting to know if someone could lemme know the most stable firmware to try.

i called tech support a while back about this problem and she made me change some settings, and then my internet was horribly slow, like dial-up slow, and she said that's normal and it'd be like that for a few hours, which i couldn't do at the time so i changed it back, but i was wondering if you guys would think this would actually help

Beacon Interval 80
RTS threshold 2100
Fragmentation 2100

Preamble type long preamble

She made me change those to something else, i didn't write down what she wanted me to change it to for some reason, just what i had before she made me do it.

anyway, thanks for the help

arod

Re: WBR-2310 Freezing/Wireless issues
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 03:58:04 PM »

you shouldn't have to mess with those settings.. If your unit is locking up try to hard reset the unit and reflash the firmware see if that makes a difference. If it still locks up I don't think downgrading the firmware will fix it either... You can feel free to try.

Who is your service provider?
Also can you list what you're doing when the unit locks up? Is it something you can always replicate or is it intermittent?

Heath

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:52:06 PM »

Yeah i didn't figure those settings would cause it to freeze up... and i'm gonna put 1.05 firmware on it again in a minute to see if it helps, and its not something i can replicate.. there's no one thing that i see us doing when it messes up, but i have my laptop and my gf's laptop and they're pretty much always on just sometimes i'll hear her complain about the internet messing up and i'll notice my laptop has no connectivity and i'll try to go to the site and it times out... so i unplug it plug it back in and boom it works.

ISP is Suddenlink Communications.

Basic activity on the internet is playing world of warcraft though, both her and i... a lot. lol.

ravenmark5

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:30:25 PM »

I think 1.04 is more stable than 1.05