• March 28, 2024, 01:58:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS-825L - Firmware v1.02b3427 - Comments & Observations  (Read 16584 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-825L - Firmware v1.02b3427 - Comments & Observations
« on: January 23, 2014, 11:54:09 AM »

D-Link released  firmware version v1.02b3427 for the DCS-825L. Please log into your DCS-825L to upload this latest version to your camera.

The latest firmware can be downloaded locally here: DCS-825L - Firmware v1.02b3427. For upgrading locally downloaded firmware files, please read the following instructions: DCS-825L - How to Upgrade Firmware

Please post your comments and observations as a reply to this thread.  :)  ;)  :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:33:37 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-825L - Firmware v1.02b3427 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 11:55:32 AM »

The change log and availability of the firmware file on the D-Link support site(s) are still pending.  ;)

bnuff

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 12:08:50 PM »

ok so here are my observations so far using two android devices, a nexus 10 and a nexus 5, both on kit-kat.

Still takes multiple attempts to connect to camera
No NTP service so have to do manually.  Nothing on http://ip_address/eng/admin/adv_lan.cgi relating to NTP.
When app is in background on dashboard  no warning notifications  appear in foreground.
When app is in background on live view no warning notifications  appear in foreground but you can hear sounds in the monitored room.  Volume is very low though.
No notification sounds.  I can select a sound in the settings, and test, but no sound is played when a notification appears on screen.
Notifications appear to take up to 40 seconds to appear on app and almost always come in pairs, i.e. 2, 4 movement.
If the phone screen locks I have to reconnect.
Android app still "stops" when trying to playback from device.  This occurs just as calendar appears.
Android app camera function still does not work when trying to manually take video or stills. 
Automatic capturing to micro sd card works and can be viewed from Chrome in combination with latest java plus eu.mydlink.com allowed in the java security.
Bizarrely, if I am charging my android device and unplug the charger, the app crashes.  If I plug the charger in, yes, the app crashes.
Two way voice only works properly on the nexus 5.  The voice on the nexus 10 drops out a lot, which would definitely not be reassuring to a child.  Have tested the nexus microphone with voice recorders/ skype and it appears fine.

I'm sure if you look there will be more issues but I give up for the moment.  I was hoping that the firmware upgrade would improve the overall package but I can't see what has changed, at least for my tests on android devices. Hopefully this is a prelude to updated, possibly better, apps, but then maybe it isn't.  All I can say at the moment is keep the app up and running in front of you and keep your eye on it.  You are not going to be warned that something is happening otherwise.  Maybe buy a sound only device as a back up and run both at the same time.  Big fail for D-Link at the moment.  I am amazed that to have read D-Link was named an International CES Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree in the Home Networking product category for the Wi-Fi Baby Camera (DCS-825L) and the HD Cloud Camera with Color Night Vision (DCS-2136L).   http://www.dlink.com/us/en/press-centre/press-releases/2013/november/12/ces-innovations-honoree.  Surely they must have tested it, or maybe they just looked at the specs.

bhillou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 06:55:26 AM »

I've been using it for a day now and I didn't notice any changes, anywhere. I wonder what the changes were ?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 08:04:48 AM »

D-Link posted release notes for the most recent DCS-825L firmware update. It looks like there were a few interim versions released within a one week window.  Here are all the changes that were added after the last v1.01 release:

Firmware: 1.02b3427 - Date: 12/27/2013

• [New Feature] Improve boot-up speed
  • [New Feature] Upgrade mydlink agent to v2.0.17-b49

Firmware: 1.02b3420 - Date: 12/20/2013

• [New Feature] Support high/low temperature events for mydlink
  • [Bug Fix] Fix the system music is unavailable issue

Firmware: 1.02b3418 - Date: 12/18/2013

• [New Feature] Support Music Play from SD card
  • [Enhancement] Turn up the volume of boot up music
  • [Bug Fix] Fix the incorrect LED behavior while rebooting on AP-Client mode

DCS-825 - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:19:03 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 08:34:24 AM »

The latest firmware is now available for download to your PC:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:38:20 AM by JavaLawyer »

kimos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 01:24:18 AM »

I cannot change the LED status via the iPhone app. it always failes!
I can only turn the LED on or off via the website.

The boot-up speed is still very long.  How do we play music from SD card? i have no idea..

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »

D-Link created a new mydlink Baby Camera App board as a child board to the DCS-825L board. You can access the new App board directly from here: mydlink Baby Camera App

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 07:24:09 AM »

Addendum to the firmware v1.02b3427 release notes:

• [New Feature] Improve boot-up speed
  • [New Feature] Upgrade mydlink agent to v2.0.17-b49
  • [Enhancement] Increase the volume of boot-up sound
  • [Bug Fix] Fixed the incorrect LED behavior while rebooting on AP-Client mode
  • [Bug Fix] Fixed the micro SD card compatibility issue when the SD card capability is less than 8GB

pri77y

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 08:42:18 AM »

Hi,
I have done this upgrade on my camera and it seems impossible to link it to my myDlink account...

Anybody had also this issue??

gnicolao

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 12:25:26 PM »

A number of observations:

1/ when trying to upgrade firmware directly on the camera it asks for a username/password I have no idea what they should be.
2/ firmware upgrade from iPhone and Anddoid kept failing, No status on what was happening
3/ there is a 30 sec delay on image deplayed in the app from whats happening (I was standing in the room)
4/ still no notifications (iPhone) when app is not forground.

madduce

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 09:57:44 PM »

A number of observations:

1/ when trying to upgrade firmware directly on the camera it asks for a username/password I have no idea what they should be.
2/ firmware upgrade from iPhone and Anddoid kept failing, No status on what was happening
3/ there is a 30 sec delay on image deplayed in the app from whats happening (I was standing in the room)
4/ still no notifications (iPhone) when app is not forground.

It will be user = admin, password = the password you enter for your camera during the initial setup.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:04:12 PM by madduce »

Angainor

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 01:44:02 AM »

How can i remove the boot sound?

When i turn on the camera at the morning, the sound plays and wakes up my baby.

Thank you.

steff1977

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 07:53:26 AM »

I have the same problem as bnuff. No warning and very low sound when baby cries and no pictures(video). After the phone is back on I only have sound. Difficult to connect camera with app and I have tried HTC one x HTC desire HTC sensation Asus tf 700
It is the same problem with all of the phones.

TiagoW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 07:52:45 PM »

Hello everyone!
I'm new around here and with D-link too, so forgive me if I´m asking for something stupid or at the wrong topic.

I live in Brazil and we're about to have a baby boy. It's coming soon (next month).
It happens that D-link does not offer this camera (DCS-825) here in Brazil.
I was wondering, and I´ve already questined D-link without success, if I can use this android Software, MyDLink Baby Monitoring, but connecting another camera on it.
For example: here I can easily buy a DCS-932L model. I know that it doesn't has the temperature, music, bi-directional audio and some other stuff.. but talking about MOVEMENT and AUDIO detection, can I use this camera with this Baby Monitoring software?
Pages: [1] 2