• April 23, 2024, 08:00:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: ReadyMedia (aka MiniDLNA)  (Read 2858 times)

sbrbot

• Level 2 Member
ReadyMedia (aka MiniDLNA)
« on: August 21, 2016, 05:20:37 PM »

MiniDLNA (since v1.1.5) has new name - ReadyMedia. Current version in Add-on vtverdohleb's repository is MiniDLNA v1.1.4. So we're expecting new version to come soon. I like MiniDLNA because it is simple, does not take a lot of cpu/memory resources from my small NAS, rebuilds media database much quicker than media server integrated inside NAS firmware and, important to me and contrary to many other media servers,  presents subtitles quite well.

I spent several days researching how to compile Add-on on my own. I have to admit that I'm not skilled enough to cross compile packages for ARM arch on my machine (yet) but I'm skilled in web/php/java dev and succeeded to create new Add-on from already compiled material. I did build the new MiniDLNA configurator and new web interface for MiniDLNA. I hope that master of Add-ons vtverdohleb will find it useful and reuse it as a template for further Add-ons. (ShareCenter's web app is quit complicated).

Screenshot#1 - WebUI, Start/Stop, Rebuild

Screenshot#2 - Configurator

Screenshot#3 - Manual

Screenshot#4 - Log

Link

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:23:09 AM by sbrbot »

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
Re: ReadyMedia (aka MiniDLNA)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:32:09 AM »

Wonderful! I really liked the web interface (although not yet installed, only looked at the pictures). Do you mind if I use your work in their Addons?
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php

sbrbot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »

I don't mind at all, even contrary, I expect that you use it in your next Add-ons. I saw that you also had some troubles managing menu items i web interface. I spent several days in researching how all these javacripts, jquery, css and other thins interoperate and can say that ShareCenter's web interface  more complicated than I expected (actually I think that there's overuse of javacripting but that's only my humble opinion). However, I have more suggestions for improving your work but we can discuss it over PMs.

a602820922

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 08:31:29 AM »

Probably you have missed something because new MiniDLNA does not scan all the files or it stops to scan without any reason. I hope you will fix this as soon as possible. Cheers