• March 28, 2024, 06:29:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-View Cam 3.0 Set-Up Issues  (Read 7851 times)

moleary

• Level 1 Member
D-View Cam 3.0 Set-Up Issues
« on: January 30, 2010, 04:52:51 PM »

After months of anticipation I've finally had the opportunity to add a second camera to my network!  Thanks for the 64 bit support D-Link! 

I've set my camera's as xxx.xxx.1.7 and xxx.xxx.1.8 with ports 23 and 21 open respectively.

I set up the D-view software with port 5200 open for the Live Viewer and 80 open to the internet.

I've got my website pointed to my computer through dyndns.org and when I pull it up I get to the main screen of the D-View remote page.  When I select Remote Live Viewer I get the "skin" for the interface but see no data from the system, camera groups, live streams, etc.  When I cursor over the buttons they highlight but they do nothing when clicked.

I would be happy to provide ANY info that might help trouble-shoot this.  My website is melmicranch.com - feel free to click through.  You can check out my asses (donkeys, not ****, sorry folks) and chickens.

Thanks!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: D-View Cam 3.0 Set-Up Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 09:31:58 AM »

Are you using Internet explorer?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

moleary

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 09:51:20 AM »

Yes - IE and Safari both.  It might be important to also note that when running "Live Viewer" on the host machine I can only connect and display one camera at a time, similar to the issue mentioned by the other poster in his thread.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:53:11 AM »

Are you accessing the remote live stream in your browser locally or have you tried it local to see if you have the same results? Please make sure you open for 5200 to the IP address of the computer in your router firewall.

moleary

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 11:24:40 AM »

I opened port 5200 UDP/TCP.  I can see one camera at a time on the Remote View software locally, I can see both cameras when looking directly at the Dview 3.0 console.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 02:25:04 PM »

Yeah the remote live view supports only one camera per server connected to the application at a time.

moleary

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »

Fair enough - I will disconnect one of my cameras, but will that fix the remote viewing issue?  As it is I can't even see one camera over the net.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 08:59:54 AM »

Only Internet explorer will work with the viewer so make sure you are using it when connecting. Other then that if this is not working still it seems that the 5200 port is not open in the router firewall.