• April 24, 2024, 11:43:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bad Experience with 932L wireless connection, can anybody englight me?  (Read 5778 times)

mantarena

• Level 1 Member

I have been using a 920 Dlink IP cam for more than a year now. It was connected wirelessly through my tplink router, and I am able to see the video both from internal network as well as from outside network. Just a week ago, I bought a 932L hoping I can cover more for the home surveillance. Everything was setup flawlessly, and I was again able to see the video from internal and external network using IPCAM VIEWER both for PC/Notebook and Android Tablet. HOWEVER, I notice that the connection for the 932 is very erratic. The 920 keeps streaming and I was always able to connect to the 920. However, the 932 is not consistent. Often time the video freeze, connect to the wireless network much later than the 920, and often time fail to connect. Usually I have to reset the 932 to get it going again. But again, usually, after several hours, it freezes again, and often time I was not able to access its setup through web browser until I reset the cam. Any idea what cause this? FW? I tried to download FW from dlink, and I found one, but it was mention NOT do download it since I bought and use this Cam from Southeast Asia. I have tried different numerous thing, including changing the port values(for forwarding), assigned its IP to the router. I will be glad is somebody can provide insight why this is happening. Is it hardware problem? router problem? Configuration problem? 

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Bad Experience with 932L wireless connection, can anybody englight me?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 04:44:21 AM »

Your issue is most invariably due to the firmware. Here is a direct link to the latest worldwide (ww) firmware posted on the D-Link Taiwan site: DCS-932L Firmware - Worldwide

Please note that the referenced worldwide firmware is the same exact size as the firmware posted on the mydlink site. I mention this because of the "South East Asia" warnings stated on the mydlink website.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:54:52 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

mantarena

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 07:42:23 AM »

I will try to update with the firmware you mentioned. Actually I have been tempted to do it before. I did not, because it was clearly mentioned in the dlink official website in bold red color letter, that I should not download and upgrade it if the cam was bought out of from South East Asia. I personally felt that the country location should not be an issue, but I have to admit personally that I am hesitant having been warned.

Here is the exact warning statement from dlink with bold red words when I browse through download  support for 932L from their website

"Do NOT upgrade your device with these firmware if you have purchased a D-Link product out of South East Asia"

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 07:49:06 AM »

I will try to update with the firmware you mentioned. Actually I have been tempted to do it before. I did not, because it was clearly mentioned in the dlink official website in bold red color letter, that I should not download and upgrade it if the cam was bought out of from South East Asia. I personally felt that the country location should not be an issue, but I have to admit personally that I am hesitant having been warned.

Here is the exact warning statement from dlink with bold red words when I browse through download  support for 932L from their website

"Do NOT upgrade your device with these firmware if you have purchased a D-Link product out of South East Asia"

The link I provided you is from the D-Link Taiwan site and is labeled as worldwide. You can visit the Taiwan site and view the firmware and documentation here: D-Link Taiwan Site Downloads.

In lieu of the warnings posted on the D-Link website, please review the file/documentation on the Taiwan site and use your best judgement.

Given the warning text you provided, I've amended my earlier post to avoid any confusion.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:55:58 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

mantarena

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »

Been almost a week since I updated the firmware to the Taiwanese (ww) one. I also disabled the upnp option of my router. One thing that I observed, after several days in operation, the 932 often times is not able to be accessed  from the web browser. Have to restart (plug unplug the power, then it comes back to normal. Don't know the problem because of the router, or from the cam itself. However, as I mentioned before, the DCS 920 is much more stable and very seldom lose connection with the router, so I doubt the problem is with the router. The router also already set for reserving the ipcam ip. On top of it, the cam also set for static ip to avoid any conflict. Any idea?