• March 28, 2024, 01:03:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Getting access to the router's home page  (Read 7976 times)

DarkSky

• Level 1 Member
Getting access to the router's home page
« on: February 07, 2022, 06:17:55 PM »

I have a pair of DSR-250N (both of which have 192.168.0.1) as their factory default address.  I obviously can't put them on a network hosted by a modem/router at 192.168.0.1, so I tried...
1) setting a static IP on my LAN adapter to put it on 192.168.0.23 ('cause DHCP somehow pulls up 10.something - not sure what that means).  Turning off WiFi (which is how my machine accesses the main modem/router didn't work - Windows desperately wants to find the main modem/router and when it's not available over WiFi, Windows claims that it's unavailable.  Then I tried ipconfig /release and /renew- that changed nothing.  Resetting the WINSOCK stack didn't help either.
2) Then I tried opening the router's home page from another device on the router's own WiFi, thinking I would avoid connectivity with 192.168.0.1 main modem/router, but I then I get "no Internet".  Of course, I don't care about Internet for now, I just want the DSR's home page.  If I were to add an uplink from a DSR to the main router, then addresses would collide or I would just find the main router at 192.168.0.1 (which doesn't help).

I'm not sure how else to get access to the DSR's home page (obviously for the purpose  of changing it's IP to a non-collision 0.2 or 0.3 and disabling DHCP, so they won't confuse the DHCP server.

Very few people even recognize the issue - tech play telephone with my symptoms, hearing set up WiFi or set up Internet access, when that's soooo not the issue.  That's all working fine already.  All I want is more LAN ports at the moment.  Doubt I'll ever use the WiFi in the DSR's.

Any suggestions that I haven't thought of?

Thanks, Mike

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Getting access to the router's home page
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 08:51:43 AM »

Do you have your modem/router plugged into the WAN port on the DSR?

Note the WAN and LAN cannot be on the same subnet. If the WAN detects a 192.168.0.xxx network, the LAN will auto-change the LAN IP. Unplug anything from the WAN port, reboot the DSR, set your computer to DHCP, release/renew, note the default gateway IP and use that to access the WEB UI. You can then configure it and do the same with the second DSR.

Just curious, you have a modem/router and 2 DSR routers? Were you using them as a switch or using it to create subnets on your local network?