• April 19, 2024, 12:28:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: external antenna ?  (Read 6048 times)

acellier

• Level 4 Member
external antenna ?
« on: February 12, 2013, 05:29:24 PM »

Has anyone tried to add an external antenna? I'd like to mount a DCS-930L in a location (inside a metal housing) that would need the antenna to be a few inches away. Anyone have internal layout information?

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Re: external antenna ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »

bump!
Can someone tell me how to open the camera (DCS-930L/932L) without too much damage, so I can examine the antenna configuration?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 06:54:13 PM »

bump!
Can someone tell me how to open the camera (DCS-930L/932L) without too much damage, so I can examine the antenna configuration?

The following thread illustrates the DCS-9XXL clam-shell already opened up, but does not explain how that was achieved. Perhaps the open shell will provide an indicator as to how the unit was opened..
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52088.0
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:53:30 PM »

I found more photos at this site:
forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?4110-Re-Looking-for-a-better-IP-camera-Cisco-Wireless-N-Internet-Home-Monitoring-Camera-WVC80N/page3
The writer explained how he opened the case
unfortunately, the antenna connection is not visible - may be on the circuit board within the shield can, radiating through the board ... WAIT, I wonder if that rectangle near the corner diagonally opposite the two pushbuttons ... looks like a possible socket, and maybe the trace leading to IP1 (or is it TP1) may be the radiating element?
If anyone knows, please advise!

Oh, BTW, also another site discusses prying the case open:
http://www.microfrost.com/tag/dcs-930l/
that author converted a 930L to IR; he also experimented with wide-angle adapter lenses.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:09:31 PM by acellier »