• March 19, 2024, 04:39:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492168 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2011, 04:24:29 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cutover threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:08:44 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Monval

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2011, 01:26:28 AM »

Hi,
To motion detection, I would add "interval of x minutes before decting the next motion".
It may prevent from being rejected by your e mail server if someone is staying a long time next to a cam with motion detection activated.
Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2011, 08:54:52 AM »

Hi,
To motion detection, I would add "interval of x minutes before decting the next motion".
It may prevent from being rejected by your e mail server if someone is staying a long time next to a cam with motion detection activated.
Thanks

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for here. Is your goal to reduce the frequency of emails from motion events?

Monval

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »

Yes, in case somebody stays few hours next to a cam, you'll get so many E mails that your ISP will reject your mails for about 24hrs. Then if you leave your house you're not protected anymore.
It's a happy middle between sensitivity of detection, mail rejection risk (then no protection), home being empty or not.
It should be a value between 1 to 10 minutes (like 1, 2, 3, 5, 10).
I used this parameter with my previous cams (with 5 minutes) and never got rejected since I used it.
With my 4 new DCS932L and sensitivity at 5%, I have this issue.
In addition, when one cam is sending too many mails, every cam of the same type (or may be Brandt) is being rejected by my ISP (using same E mail address or different ones). When one of my 4 DCS932L is sending too many mails, my 4 DCS932L are being rejected, but not my old cams.
Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2011, 03:34:31 PM »

Yes, in case somebody stays few hours next to a cam, you'll get so many E mails that your ISP will reject your mails for about 24hrs. Then if you leave your house you're not protected anymore.
It's a happy middle between sensitivity of detection, mail rejection risk (then no protection), home being empty or not.
It should be a value between 1 to 10 minutes (like 1, 2, 3, 5, 10).
I used this parameter with my previous cams (with 5 minutes) and never got rejected since I used it.
With my 4 new DCS932L and sensitivity at 5%, I have this issue.
In addition, when one cam is sending too many mails, every cam of the same type (or may be Brandt) is being rejected by my ISP (using same E mail address or different ones). When one of my 4 DCS932L is sending too many mails, my 4 DCS932L are being rejected, but not my old cams.
Thanks

Understood. . . Added!  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cutover threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)

• TBD
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 04:12:46 PM by JavaLawyer »

SeeingU

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2011, 04:40:06 AM »

On top of my wishlist I like to see SSL. I got this camera (as a gift) for home security. Doesn't it seam right that this kind of product should have secure login and video stream? It is rather easy for anyone wanting to do harm to listen in on your wi-fi and crack the encryption in a few minutes. They then snap up your html session on the wi-fi signal and read the video stream.

Second is motion detection email on a user defined schedule.

gbtassara

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2011, 05:24:23 AM »

MOTION DETECTION // LIVE VIDEO - to let me record also video on ftp server, not only picture.

In my opinion this is the worst missing feature that let this IP camera not so usefull.

Happy NEW YEAR, GIOVANNI

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2011, 05:28:49 AM »

MOTION DETECTION // LIVE VIDEO - to let me record also video on ftp server, not only picture.

In my opinion this is the worst missing feature that let this IP camera not so usefull.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2011, 05:30:37 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - Ability to record video (rather than just images) to an FTP server triggered by motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)

• TBD

MerCury

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2012, 12:30:45 AM »

Night Mode - Disable IR LEDs.

This would be very useful for me and other users as can be seen from this topic: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=38731

Currently users have to cover the LEDs with electrical tape or open the camera and cut some wires when using an external IR source.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:32:38 AM by MerCury »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2012, 06:51:51 AM »

Night Mode - Disable IR LEDs.

This would be very useful for me and other users as can be seen from this topic: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=38731

Currently users have to cover the LEDs with electrical tape or open the camera and cut some wires when using an external IR source.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2012, 06:54:51 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - Ability to record video (rather than just images) to an FTP server triggered by motion detection events
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)

• TBD
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:28:53 PM by JavaLawyer »

gbtassara

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2012, 04:54:03 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

what about the new complete "wishlist" you have done ... maybe some features will be done or it will remain "wish" ?.?. and how long ???

I have two DCS932L(s) for a new customer but they currently do not record videos (this feature is a must for this guy). I don't know if to wait or to change them with other IP cameras ...

Thank you in advace,
Giovanni

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2012, 05:59:06 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

what about the new complete "wishlist" you have done ... maybe some features will be done or it will remain "wish" ?.?. and how long ???

I have two DCS932L(s) for a new customer but they currently do not record videos (this feature is a must for this guy). I don't know if to wait or to change them with other IP cameras ...

I know that D-Link reviews these boards, but can not say if or when any of our suggestions will be integrated in new firmware. As far as recording video, the only option presently available on the DCS-932L is to use D-ViewCam (or a third party application) running from a PC on the same network as your DCS-932Ls. Newer DCS models (e.g. DCS-942L) have the ability to record video to on-board removable memory or to an external storage device.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20