• March 19, 2024, 03:32:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492165 times)

toocool

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »

You can already change email and motion detection through mydlink, Settings Tab > Advanced Settings, which will open the camera settings for modification.

I want to do this using mydink LITE from my cell phone!

mphacker

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38:06 PM »

Fix the issue where the camera still creates UPnP ports on the router when UPnP forwarding is set to disabled.  I have been messing with the UPnP settings all night on the camera and no matter what the setting it still opens ports on my router.  Each time it happens it kills access to a web site I am hosting.  I finally changed the port on the camera to stop the conflict.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2012, 05:43:56 AM »

I want to do this using mydink LITE from my cell phone!

You should add this request to the wishlist on the mydlink board: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?board=261.0
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2012, 05:46:26 AM »

Fix the issue where the camera still creates UPnP ports on the router when UPnP forwarding is set to disabled.  I have been messing with the UPnP settings all night on the camera and no matter what the setting it still opens ports on my router.  Each time it happens it kills access to a web site I am hosting.  I finally changed the port on the camera to stop the conflict.

Added...

• [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2012, 05:46:56 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to record video (rather than just images) to an FTP server triggered by motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cutover threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

oil81

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2012, 04:30:05 AM »

I've added the scheduled power-up/down. The other two items you mention are already on the list.
Thanks for your input.  ;)

tnx to u JavaLawyer!

oil81

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2012, 04:40:11 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - Ability to record video (rather than just images) to an FTP server triggered by motion detection events

• TBD

Do a nature of FTP protocol I think that this function it's impossible to implement.

TLE

• Level 2 Member
    • Thirsk Home IT Solutions
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2012, 06:47:48 AM »

As mentioned in another thread, I would like to see a more user definable schedule which allows you to break down the day further, and break it down further into weekday and weekends.

Having the single schedule just isn't very conveniant.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »

Do a nature of FTP protocol I think that this function it's impossible to implement.

Good catch. I'll remove this item (it's a wishlist, not a fantasy list).  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2012, 10:51:42 AM »

As mentioned in another thread, I would like to see a more user definable schedule which allows you to break down the day further, and break it down further into weekday and weekends.

Having the single schedule just isn't very conveniant.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2012, 10:54:55 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cutover threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

• TBD
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:28:24 AM by JavaLawyer »

MMa0blabla

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2012, 02:11:04 AM »

Hi,
i hope D-link will use this list...
I'll had :

- Bug (1.02): Users management does not work (add a user then try to login with its L/P does not seems to work)
- Feature: have access to the logs of the camera to see why it's not reponding (http and ping) sometimes (randomly).
- Center zoom (currently it's located on the middle right), or better: add the hability to change the zoom area.
- Change incomming https port to something else.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2012, 07:35:46 AM »

- Bug (1.02): Users management does not work (add a user then try to login with its L/P does not seems to work)

Where in the web UI are you referring to?  What is "L/P"?

- Feature: have access to the logs of the camera to see why it's not reponding (http and ping) sometimes (randomly).

Added...

- Center zoom (currently it's located on the middle right), or better: add the hability to change the zoom area.

This is behavior indicative of mydlink, not the DCS-932L firmware

- Change incomming https port to something else.

The DCS-932L uses HTTP, not HTTPS ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)

• TBD

MMa0blabla

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2012, 06:31:41 AM »

Where in the web UI are you referring to?  What is "L/P"?
L/P = Login/password.
Go to http://[ipofyourcamera]/advanced.htm
Then add a user account (login+password): The user is created and listed at the bottom but it's impossible to have a direct access to the camera with this new account (or maybe mine is buggy?).

This is behavior indicative of mydlink, not the DCS-932L firmware
Hum...No: Go to http://[ipofyourcamera]/jview.htm and use the "zoom" : It's always in the middle right of the screen.

The DCS-932L uses HTTP, not HTTPS ???
Indeed, sorry : my mistake :)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20