• March 18, 2024, 08:11:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492140 times)

peterd

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2012, 11:01:48 AM »

Hello all,

Add another vote for Motion detection email  and FTP on a user defined schedule.  In addition, I'd like to have email send 320x240 images and FTP to transfer 640x480.  This is probably beyond what a firmware update could handle but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks, great work on compiling the list.  Here's hoping D-Link actually does something with the wishlist, there are many other items I'd find useful.

Peter

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2012, 02:47:34 PM »

Hello all,

Add another vote for Motion detection email  and FTP on a user defined schedule.  In addition, I'd like to have email send 320x240 images and FTP to transfer 640x480.  This is probably beyond what a firmware update could handle but just thought I'd throw it out there.

No harm in asking... Added.  ;)

Thanks, great work on compiling the list.  Here's hoping D-Link actually does something with the wishlist, there are many other items I'd find useful.

Thanks. . . .and let's hope so.

Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to record video (rather than just images) to an FTP server triggered by motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cutover threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

robert-e

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »

When DLink produces new firmware, hire or assign a tech support person who really understands how the camera/system works.  Tech support as is now, appears to be next to useless.  One cannot recommend to buy the camera with the situation as now exists. 
Regards,
Bob

ash

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2012, 08:23:40 AM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned for the wish list, but I would like the one-minute time limit removed from my 932L cameras when viewing from other wireless networks. Since I purchased these cameras, I should have the option to disable this myself.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned for the wish list, but I would like the one-minute time limit removed from my 932L cameras when viewing from other wireless networks. Since I purchased these cameras, I should have the option to disable this myself.

The one minute time limit is not a feature that can be turned on/off, but rather an issue that exists between the router settings and mydlink (not the DCS-932L).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2012, 09:39:10 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to record video (rather than just images) to an FTP server triggered by motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cutover threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)

• TBD

LutherBaker

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2012, 03:02:12 PM »

Please provide the ability to disable HTTP (and any other non SSL style communication ... telnet, etc).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2012, 05:37:28 PM »

Please provide the ability to disable HTTP (and any other non SSL style communication ... telnet, etc).

I believe your request is already covered on the following existing entry:

toocool

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2012, 03:46:31 AM »

I would like to have the ability to toggle the motion detection from mylink Lite.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2012, 04:52:24 AM »

I would like to have the ability to toggle the motion detection from mylink Lite.

You can already change email and motion detection through mydlink, Settings Tab > Advanced Settings, which will open the camera settings for modification.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2012, 04:52:46 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• TBD

oil81

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2012, 02:46:40 AM »

- scheduling power on and power off like my digital frame...
- solving static audio issue
- improve light detection (day and night mode)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2012, 05:45:29 AM »

- scheduling power on and power off like my digital frame...
- solving static audio issue
- improve light detection (day and night mode)

I've added the scheduled power-up/down. The other two items you mention are already on the list.
Thanks for your input.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2012, 05:46:50 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule

• TBD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20