• March 19, 2024, 12:04:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492150 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 05:50:18 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cutover threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

stanthewizzard

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »

Acces to WIFI WPA2 Enterprise (radius) would be wonderful.
 :D

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 06:48:25 PM »

Acces to WIFI WPA2 Enterprise (radius) would be wonderful.
 :D

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 06:49:54 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cutover threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)

• TBD
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:27:24 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 11:27:41 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to add accounts without administrative access to camera settings or web interface (i.e. view only account)

• TBD

dags

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »

I would have expected that this camera would at least have the same + more features then the DCS-1130. 

The ability to record or capture images to network drive is crucial for security cameras.

I upgraded to this camera for the night vision support but now I lost the main feature I used it for

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 04:35:42 AM »

I would have expected that this camera would at least have the same + more features then the DCS-1130. 

The ability to record or capture images to network drive is crucial for security cameras.

I upgraded to this camera for the night vision support but now I lost the main feature I used it for

The DCS-942L has on-board recording functionality, but unfortunately the DCS-930L and DCS-932L do not.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 04:44:50 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to add accounts without administrative access to camera settings or web interface (i.e. view only account)

• TBD

max_rnd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2011, 11:31:24 PM »

Is there any chance that developers will look at our wishlist or it's a just for our amusement? For me, for example, camera is almost unusable without motion detection mailing on schedule feature :(

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 07:29:30 AM »

Is there any chance that developers will look at our wishlist or it's a just for our amusement? For me, for example, camera is almost unusable without motion detection mailing on schedule feature :(

D-Link is aware of our list, and I am actively pursuing information on what, if any, impact our suggestions have on product development. From personal experience I know that on other boards within this forum D-Link has incorporated user suggestions in firmware updates for other D-Link products.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:07:42 PM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2011, 09:02:37 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• TBD

ajreinertsen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2011, 05:14:44 PM »

Huge benefit to motion detection on user schedule.  Heck, I'd pay for that monthly (don't shoot me)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 04:41:29 AM »

Huge benefit to motion detection on user schedule.  Heck, I'd pay for that monthly (don't shoot me)

This item is already on our DCS-932L wishlist.

norem

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 10:45:31 PM »

Hey folks I'd like to add my 2 cents... currently using Firmware 1.02 03

Fix: It appears that the DSC-932L doesn't retain configuration if power unplugged for short period of time whereas the DSC-930L does (I must power off the units nightly in order to conserve stored solar power)

Fix: Full version info upper right corner of screen. ie build #

Addition: "Update Now" button when "Synchronize NTP Server checked" when setting time configuration.

Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory

Addition: Camera Name and time actually overlayed in video stream "if selected" instead of only displayed in app.

Thanx

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2011, 04:23:09 AM »

Fix: It appears that the DSC-932L doesn't retain configuration if power unplugged for short period of time whereas the DSC-930L does (I must power off the units nightly in order to conserve stored solar power)

I'll need other users to validate this before I can add this to the list. I personally have not experienced this issue. The longest I've had my camera unplugged, however, was around 45 minutes.

Fix: Full version info upper right corner of screen. ie build #

Added...

Addition: "Update Now" button when "Synchronize NTP Server checked" when setting time configuration.

Added...

Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory

Added...

Addition: Camera Name and time actually overlayed in video stream "if selected" instead of only displayed in app.

This item is already on the list
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20