• March 19, 2024, 03:53:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492165 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #285 on: February 22, 2014, 03:59:43 PM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version (including build) in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Improve daylight savings time support for locations where the start and end dates span a new year
  • General - Option to include thumbnail sized logo on corner of all screenshots
  • General - SMB Support
  • Email/FTP - Ability to configure JPEG parameters for image quality
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Image/Video - Ability to rotate image at 90 degree intervals to accommodate cameras mounted in landscape versus portrait view
  • Image/Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Image/Video - Additional image settings (e.g. color, temperature, tint, Sharpness, etc.)
  • Image/Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Image/Video - Auto light exposure option
  • Image/Video - Digital image pan
  • Image/Video - Independent brightness settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - Option to set unique sensitivity settings to each grid area in the motion detection configuration screen
  • Motion Detection - Support for email/FTP of video
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable audio recording to filter out the noise from the IR filter during Day/Night mode transitions
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Scheduling - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • Scheduling - Reboot on a schedule
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • Security - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • Security - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • Security - Email log of successful and unsucessful access attempts
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Security - User and admin password lengths are too short
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table
  • Status - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled, up-time, etc.)
  • Status - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Status - Track and display total uptime and total running time
  • Time - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • Time - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • Time - Support for 24 hour time format
  • Time - Timezone changes should be immediately effective without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • Time - Use last known time following power failure
  • Time - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule [FIXED!]
  • General - Daylight savings time support [FIXED!]
  • General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

meokey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #286 on: March 24, 2014, 07:15:16 AM »

Cloud (Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc) uploading support? - easy for ppl who can't run a 24x7 FTP server

hope it will support plug-ins so ppl dont reply on the firmware upgrade

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #287 on: March 24, 2014, 07:37:12 AM »

Cloud (Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc) uploading support? - easy for ppl who can't run a 24x7 FTP server

hope it will support plug-ins so ppl dont reply on the firmware upgrade

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #288 on: March 24, 2014, 07:38:34 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Display full firmware version (including build) in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Improve daylight savings time support for locations where the start and end dates span a new year
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Support for Cloud service (e.g. Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) uploading support
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Image/Video - Ability to rotate image at 90 degree intervals to accommodate cameras mounted in landscape versus portrait view
  • Image/Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Image/Video - Additional image settings (e.g. color, temperature, tint, Sharpness, etc.)
  • Image/Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - Option to set unique sensitivity settings to each grid area in the motion detection configuration screen
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable audio recording to filter out the noise from the IR filter during Day/Night mode transitions
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • Security - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table
  • Status - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled, up-time, etc.)
  • Status - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Time - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • Time - Timezone changes should be immediately effective without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

• Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes) [FIXED!]
  • General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]

djpooch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2014, 02:38:30 PM »

The audio issue persists.  Updated my brand new DCS 932L with the latest firmware and there is constant static in the audio feed.

I have a DCS 931L in the same room, just pointed in a different direction.  The audio from that unit is perfect, ruling out environmental factors.  I've also tried the 932L at different locations with the same static filled results.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2014, 07:09:49 AM »

The audio issue persists.  Updated my brand new DCS 932L with the latest firmware and there is constant static in the audio feed.

I have a DCS 931L in the same room, just pointed in a different direction.  The audio from that unit is perfect, ruling out environmental factors.  I've also tried the 932L at different locations with the same static filled results.

You started experiencing audio issues after updating to the latest FW?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2014, 07:10:05 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • General - Support for Cloud service (e.g. Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) uploading support
  • FTP - SFTP Support

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:39 AM »

Please post a reply if you know of any items in this wishlist that were already addressed in recent firmware updates!

vsz85

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #293 on: May 05, 2014, 05:50:58 PM »

please add a time OSD just like the other models.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2014, 05:09:44 AM »

please add a time OSD just like the other models.

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2014, 05:11:11 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • Image/Video - Add OSD option for saved video

Trel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2014, 10:51:58 PM »

registered to add +1 to disable IR LEDs independantly of day/night mode to allow for external illumination. =)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2014, 07:46:15 AM »

registered to add +1 to disable IR LEDs independantly of day/night mode to allow for external illumination. =)

This request is sought after by many DCS-932L owners, myself included!  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2014, 07:46:29 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in Green.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • Image/Video - Add OSD option for saved video
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table

• General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 07:46:22 PM by JavaLawyer »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]