• March 18, 2024, 09:45:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492145 times)

jakendall

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 05:43:24 PM »

If the intermittent background clicking in audio is determined to be software based (rather than electrical interference/noise), then please develop a software fix.

I'm fairly curtain the clicking is because the audio isn't a direct stream - but a loop of about 32 seconds - You can see this by using VLC against the audio stream.

Regards,
Jason

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 05:41:34 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates.

• mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - User password length too short
  • General - Add more detail to status page: e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled etc.
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (indpendent of video FPS)
  • Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »

General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served AND ACTUAL TIME OR OPERATIONAL STATUS -
currently, a javascript keeps time incrementing making it appear the camera is connected even when powered off.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

• General - Add more detail to status page: e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled etc.
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (indpendent of video FPS)
  • Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:55:49 AM by JavaLawyer »

jakendall

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 05:10:41 PM »

RTSP stream should be audio and video.

Thanks for keeping the topic clean and obvious to see where we are - Maybe keep the first post up to date with items posted and their status?

Cheers,
Jason

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 05:38:24 PM »

Thanks for keeping the topic clean and obvious to see where we are - Maybe keep the first post up to date with items posted and their status?

I'm all too happy to help.

Posting replies (rather than modifying an existing post) is the only way to ensure this thread remains at the top of the list. Additionally, if you go into your account settings you can configure the most recent post to display first:

Account Settings -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> Show most recent posts at the top

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)[/li]
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:20:09 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »

General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)[/li]
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cutover threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 04:23:19 PM »

ftp setup - have the response to the test message appear on the ftp setup page with a refresh, rather than going thru 3 pages and back

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 05:59:28 PM »

• FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cutover threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)

izenmike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 06:35:44 AM »

Date & Time stamp on captured images.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 07:09:54 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:32:53 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 06:21:47 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)

• TBD

greenhouse07

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 08:41:47 PM »

Hi,

i bye this camera for home security and this future is missing. :'(

My Priority 1 wishlist:

!!! -> Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule

Regards from Germany
 :o Greenhouse07 :o
DGL-4500 1.22NA / DGL-4300 1.9 / DGL-4100 1.9 / DCS-932L v1.02_build_3 - 2011-10-14

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 10:05:38 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)

• TBD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20