The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-601

DIR-601 Wireless Bridge Setup

<< < (2/2)

FurryNutz:
you could connect the 601 to the att modem if this is the ISP modem.
What is the ISP? I presume DSL?
Sounds like the modem has a built in router? If so, it's recommended to bridge the DSL modem and use the 601 as the main router.

colin42:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on May 28, 2011, 10:16:56 AM ---you could connect the 601 to the att modem if this is the ISP modem.

--- End quote ---

This is what i want to do, however I'm unsure how to physically connect and what settings need changing on the DIr-601. The AT&T is a uverse box so it includes the DSL modem + telephone.

Thanks

FurryNutz:
sounds like your dealing with a ATT uVerse modem with a possible built in router and such. Having to routers on line causes connection problems. IF the ATT modem can be bridged then you can connect the devices in the following manor:

ATT dsl modem > DIR-601 router><connect wireless or wired devices to 601 router.

If you can bridge the modem, you'll probably need to input the PPPoE dsl account information into the 601 router under setup/internet/manual under connections. I would call up the ISP and ask them if this can be done and if they can help you bridge it.

If the modem can not be bridged then probably the only alternative would be to put the IP address the 601 acquires from the ATT modem into the ATT modesm DMZ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version