• April 23, 2024, 09:40:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Splits Print-jobs into partial pages (Win7 Pro-x64, DIR-628, Canon MP150)  (Read 4081 times)

jadeb

• Level 1 Member

Hi There,

I've just bought a DIR-628 and am printing to a Canon PIXMA MP150.

I'm running Shareport Utility version 1.1.0 R1 (SXUPTP Driver: 3.3.4.0) on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Works fine when connected directly to the computer, but when connected through Shareport it only prints half the page and then spits it out and prints the second half on a separate page.

I've installed the latest printer driver, specifically for Win 7 x64.

I bought this router (replacing a perfectly good Linksys router) for the sole purpose of sharing my printer on the network. This is not a good introduction to D-Link from a customer perspective.

This must be a bug in the Shareport software.

Please, does anyone have a solution?

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member

My solution was to purchase a small USB print server and uninstall Shareport.
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

jadeb

• Level 1 Member

Thanks Sammy.

I'm tempted to take the router back to the store, since it doesn't perform as advertised.

Then I could buy a print server.

But first, I wonder if D-Link is paying attention to this problem?

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member

send a note to DLink Tech  SESCA...he is collecting information about shareport....

I am glad to see others having the same problem as I did....at least DLink can see it is a real bug and not a "user" problem...

I am very happy with my DIR-655.  Shareport is a kludge at best anyhow.... The small USB print server works much better, unless you need to know your ink levels and such....
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

jadeb

• Level 1 Member

Thanks for the suggestion, Sammy.

I've sent Sesca a note.

Cheers.