The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DPR-1260

Can not connect to the unit..

(1/2) > >>

rdhoyt:
I have just purchased the DPR-1260 from Tiger Direct.
I am having trouble communicating to the unit.
I have verified that UPnP is installed and running.  Win xp sp3
The device does not show in 'My Network Places'
I can not ping or http connect to the unit using dlink-xxxxxx [x = last 6 of mac address] as indicated in the quick install guide.   IE7
I am directly 'wire' connected from my laptop to the unit for setup.  I have disconnected my wireless card.  The QIG indicated that the 'router' will assign an ip address for the unit, no router in my connection for setup.  I set my own ip addresses on my network.  I am not allowing the gateway [router] to do dhcp service.   
my settings:
192.168.1.3 pc#1 nic  192.168.1.4 pc#1 wireless  192.168.1.5 pc#2 wireless   192.168.1.10 dsl router   192.168.1.20 wireless gateway to dsl router    192.168.1.40  linksys wireless print server 
[reserved 192.168.1.30 for linksys nas to be connected to the dpr-1260 {bridge}] 
going to use 192.168.1.50 for the dpr-1260 when i can talk to it.

Any suggestions as to why i can not talk to the unit.  Network indicating connected at 100.  Power, wireless and lan connect lights on the dpr-1260.

rdhoyt:
I have not tried calling support yet.  Will try them tonight if i can get time.

Letdown:
I suggest you allow you router to do DHCP and check the DHCP client list to see if the DPR-1260 is picking up an IP, after you access the DPR-1260 you can set an static IP address on the DPR-1260 and disable again DHCP.

Also, the first version (1.00) is not DHCP, so there's a very small chance this is the case.

Good luck.

rdhoyt:
Right now I do not have a Router in the network for setting up the DPR-1260.
I would need to wire connect to the LinkSys router/gateway to enable dhcp and then connect the 1260 to the gateway also to do the setup.  Being that ATT put the [dedicated] DLS jack in the kitchen it makes doing this setup a pain.  The wife gets bent out of shape with the wires.

rdhoyt:
When I connect the laptop to anything wired the wireless network stays connected - good signal - but it looses network connection - can not even ping yahoo.com.  Remove wire - wireless back in business.  No re-boot or logoff required.   huuuuum.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version