• April 19, 2024, 01:59:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Current Video Clip is unable to play  (Read 22860 times)

se22946

• Level 1 Member
Current Video Clip is unable to play
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:29:25 AM »

Hello,

i play with my brandnew 942L Camera and everything works fine. The only thing i cannot get to work is to play recorded videos from the playlist on my mobile phone.

I use myDLink Lite and the video-settings in the 942L for profile 4 (mobile devices) is set to MPEG4, 320x240, 5 BPS, CBR Quality, 384kb/s, "3gpp".

Could anybody assist me, how to play the stores videos on my nexus 4 mobile?

Thanks in advance, Harry

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Current Video Clip is unable to play
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 08:46:19 PM »

Hello,

i play with my brandnew 942L Camera and everything works fine. The only thing i cannot get to work is to play recorded videos from the playlist on my mobile phone.

I use myDLink Lite and the video-settings in the 942L for profile 4 (mobile devices) is set to MPEG4, 320x240, 5 BPS, CBR Quality, 384kb/s, "3gpp".

Could anybody assist me, how to play the stores videos on my nexus 4 mobile?

Thanks in advance, Harry

CAn you explain this .. "Could anybody assist me, how to play the stores videos on my nexus 4 mobile?"

How did you get videos stored through mydlink lite app on your nexus in the first place?

kk287

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 08:11:01 AM »

bro i configure my ip cam on this url http://petkonextest.dlinkddns.com:8080/

plz tell me how i can access cam windows or cam videos in my webpage ?

i have read pdf doc but didn't understand bcoz i don't have much knowledge about this, plz do assist in this matter. any help will be appriciated.thanks in advance

plz just paste simple code here that tell how i can get it in webpage(html or php page).

my email : kaleem.khan287@gmail.com

se22946

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 02:28:28 PM »

CAn you explain this .. "Could anybody assist me, how to play the stores videos on my nexus 4 mobile?"

How did you get videos stored through mydlink lite app on your nexus in the first place?

Sorry, the videos aren't stored on my phone. The videos are stored on the cams sd-card, but when trying to play them with my mobile phone i get the error message mentioned above.

I think that this is a problem with the dlink app, because also my Tab device cannot play the videos listed in the app.

georgeorgeorge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 07:34:48 AM »

The videos can be emailed to your mobile phone.

Or you can view them through DViewCam

Or by accessing the Camera via Setup

Or by tunneling with Telnet for advanced users...

The Web site doesn't seem to support this with Java Codec at this time.

The mobile app is called Lite because its only for basic functionality.

G

georgeorgeorge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 07:38:58 AM »

Also there is a new mobile app DViewCam which seems promising.

You can try it...

G

ceglia

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 01:59:37 PM »

I'm on a PC and have an Android tablet and phone.  At first playback worked on all devices (I did have to install a Java update on my PC and some Windows Media Player Firefox plug-in... but once I did that, I was good to go).

Then, after unplugging and repositioning the camera, the playback on my phone and tablet stopped working.  Even old videos that previously worked, no longer played back.  I'd get the following error message: "The current video clip is unable to play."

I tried a number of different recording setting, but nothing seemed to work.  I then reformatted my SD card, and BOOM... playback resumed!  No idea why, but it's working again for me.

Hope this helps someone.  I'm recording with Video Profile 2 and the following settings: MPEG4, 320x240, 10FPS, CBR, 256Kbps, play2.sdp
DLINK DCS-942L & DCS-2330L, Asus RT-N66U router

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 09:18:25 PM »

Touch the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen to access the playback and settings screens.

Aadan

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 11:17:49 PM »

I'm on a PC and have an Android tablet and phone.  At first playback worked on all devices (I did have to install a Java update on my PC and some Windows Media Player Firefox plug-in... but once I did that, I was good to go).

Then, after unplugging and repositioning the camera, the playback on my phone and tablet stopped working.  Even old videos that previously worked, no longer played back.  I'd get the following error message: "The current video clip is unable to play."

I tried a number of different recording setting, but nothing seemed to work.  I then reformatted my SD card, and BOOM... playback resumed!  No idea why, but it's working again for me.

Hope this helps someone.  I'm recording with Video Profile 2 and the following settings: MPEG4, 320x240, 10FPS, CBR, 256Kbps, play2.sdp

Try rename your 942L back to "DCS-942L" and do a power cycle. This should fix it.

se22946

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 04:16:56 AM »

Try rename your 942L back to "DCS-942L" and do a power cycle. This should fix it.

Well, i did not rename it to 942L. The name is still DCS-942L.

tnorton59

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 07:38:17 AM »

Was experiencing the same problem. Upgraded this morning to the newest firmware (2811)and all seems to be fixed on playback. Fingers crossed that this update resolved the problems. Will keep monitoring.

se22946

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 07:39:31 AM »

Was experiencing the same problem. Upgraded this morning to the newest firmware (2811)and all seems to be fixed on playback. Fingers crossed that this update resolved the problems. Will keep monitoring.

Same here. Playback works with 1.21 firmware. Great!

Gieu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 08:54:48 PM »

mydlink lite on android

can't play video in plyaback section. Live feed work.

get this message:

The current video clip cannot be played

firmware 1.22

:( >:(