• April 16, 2024, 11:25:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How do I add a different media server?  (Read 3738 times)

sf3247

• Level 1 Member
How do I add a different media server?
« on: May 27, 2009, 04:25:38 PM »

I've been using the DSM-520 with WMP11 as the media server. I downloaded Media Monkey to use instead of WMP11 but I can't get to 520 to see the server now. I'm running Windows XP pro. I've gone into "set program access and defaults" and changed the default media player to Media Monkey but I still get "no server found". Any ideas?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: How do I add a different media server?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »

I am not sure that the Media monkey program has an AV media server function? If it does and I am missing something how do you enable it I haven't seen these options.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

sf3247

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 08:46:36 AM »

I'm sure it has media center function. I fact a Dlink FAQ refers to it.

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2850&question=DSM-520 / DSM-750

I want to use Media Monkey because it has higher resolution for album art.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 12:00:50 PM »

That FAQ refers only to adding album are to the meta data of you files so it will show when working with the DSM-520/750. That is not the same function as a UPnP AV media server it is basically just like a media player such as WMP11 except WMP11 as a UPNP AV media server function built in since version 11 was release. Version 10 did not have this feature you would have to use Windows Media connect 2 but with the release of WMP11 they combined the two. Some other good UPnP AV media server I know of are TVersity or  Twonkymedia/Twonkeyvision. PlayOn and Orb are also great UPnP services for the DSM-520 with alot of great online video content. 
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream