• March 19, 2024, 03:40:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: DCS-5020L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 96548 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5020L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 06:17:35 AM »

Since this is a wish list... I wish you hadn't used Java as your development language.  Java ought to be depricated and destroyed.

Setting aside the Java reference in my member name  :o, I think that's a tall order, but since this is a wishlist I'll add your request.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:19:34 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 06:18:57 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5020L Wishlist

• Audio - Option to configure audio encoding to reduce bit rates and storage requirements
  • General - Remove all Java dependencies from the web UI
  • HTTP/HTTPS - Ability to configure HTTPS port (as well as HTTP)
  • HTTP/HTTPS - Option to explicitly enable HTTP, HTTPS, or both protocols (three options)
  • Motion Detection - Option to specify number of seconds before motion detection event is included in captured clip
  • Night Mode - Option to disable IR illuminators while leaving the camera in Night Mode (w/ IR filter) and using an external IR illuminator
  • ]Motion Detection - Option to enable motion detection either: Always, Day Mode, Night Mode, or on a Schedule
  • Night Mode - User defined day/night mode transition threshold and sensitivity
  • Patrol - Option to configure series of preset positions and ability to automatically cycle through preset positions in sequence or randomly (see thread here)
  • Security - Add three for permission account types with web UI limitations for each: Admin (exists); Monitor (view live feed and point camera); View (view live feed, but not point the camera); and Snapshot (can only access CGI snapshot)
  • Security - Prevent repetitive Java security warnings by modifying the Caller-Allowable_Codebase Manifest in the the camera Java code

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

oilchecker

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 02:43:45 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

thx for your great work here, seems pretty interesting.
i m using the 5020L to monitor an small oil tank (over-earth tank, outside, cam is inside) last fm 1.03. (date 1-22-14)

first i m wondering why on the dlink support site the last fm is 1.02B05, 06.01.2014 and the "on-air online web login check" finds 1.03.

following points i miss or think these are, well some kind of "buggy" 'faulty'.

1) motion detection >> even set to 11% and area square set only to the oil tank cover (motion square), it detects and sends jpg s "like hell" a lot
-more and much smaller motion square s would be my wish and and
-better less sensitive motion detection like "no detection/disabling when/between sun shining into motion square"
2)motion detection schedule
-i need to make this schedule  Mo-Fr 18:00 till 08:00 (overnight) AND Sa-So 0:00 till 24:00 (so, the whole weekend, full 24h detection) atm not possible without an 24h running pc with the dLink sw.

of course, this cam is not designed for the hardcore outdoor use, but i thought it wouldnt be so much false motion detection alarms. of course sometimes the sun/solar radiation move into the detection square and cause an "motion" detection, maybe theres a way to work a bit against it.

if these points could be realized it would be really great :)

thx in advance and keep up the good work
taz
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:08:39 AM by oilchecker »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 04:45:15 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

thx for your great work here, seems pretty interesting.
i m using the 5020L to monitor an small oil tank (over-earth tank, outside, cam is inside) last fm 1.03. (date 1-22-14)

first i m wondering why on the dlink support site the last fm is 1.02B05, 06.01.2014 and the "on-air online web login check" finds 1.03.

The following two posts from the FAQ board should address your first question:

DCS Network Cameras - Why Isn't The Latest Firmware Posted on D-Link USA Sites?
Network Cameras - Security Patch for Select Cloud Camera Models [2/25/2014]

1) motion detection >> even set to 11% and area square set only to the oil tank cover (motion square), it detects and sends jpg s "like hell" a lot
-more and much smaller motion square s would be my wish and and
-better less sensitive motion detection like "no detection/disabling when/between sun shining into motion square"

Added the request for a finer motion detection grid.

I'm not sure how D-Link would address the sun shining. Since the motion detection is triggered based on pixel changes in the field of view, I don't see how the sun can programmatically ignored through firmware. How is the sun differentiated from a burglar shining a flashlight at the camera, a car driving by that reflects the sun into the camera, or a person walking between the path of a sun filled grid area? These are all events that I would think one would want captured... 

???

2)motion detection schedule
-i need to make this schedule  Mo-Fr 18:00 till 08:00 (overnight) AND Sa-So 0:00 till 24:00 (so, the whole weekend, full 24h detection) atm not possible without an 24h running pc with the dLink sw.

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2014, 04:46:12 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5020L Wishlist

• Audio - Option to configure audio encoding to reduce bit rates and storage requirements
  • HTTP/HTTPS - Option to explicitly enable HTTP, HTTPS, or both protocols (three options)
  • Motion Detection - Option to specify number of seconds before motion detection event is included in captured clip
  • Night Mode - Option to disable IR illuminators while leaving the camera in Night Mode (w/ IR filter) and using an external IR illuminator
  • Motion Detection - Ability to save a unique motion detection schedule for each day of the week
  • Motion Detection - Finer motion detection grid area (i.e. smaller grid boxes)
  • ]Motion Detection - Option to enable motion detection either: Always, Day Mode, Night Mode, or on a Schedule
  • Patrol - Option to configure series of preset positions and ability to automatically cycle through preset positions in sequence or randomly (see thread here)
  • Security - Add three for permission account types with web UI limitations for each: Admin (exists); Monitor (view live feed and point camera); View (view live feed, but not point the camera); and Snapshot (can only access CGI snapshot)
  • Security - Prevent repetitive Java security warnings by modifying the Caller-Allowable_Codebase Manifest in the the camera Java code

• TBD

LarryNOTtheCableGuy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2014, 08:57:58 AM »

The DCS-5020L has capable of being setup as a network extender (repeater); however, it would be very useful (at least to me) if it could be setup as an access point.

Larry ....
DSL-520B  HW:T2 FW:1.12NA
DIR-885L  HW:A1  FW:1.21B03
DGS-108  HW:B1
DCS-5020L  HW:A1  FW:1.16.01

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 04:31:15 AM »

The DCS-5020L has capable of being setup as a network extender (repeater); however, it would be very useful (at least to me) if it could be setup as an access point.

Larry ....

Added to the firmware wishlist...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 04:33:02 AM »

DNS-5020L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - Ability to save a unique motion detection schedule for each day of the week
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable motion detection either: Always, Day Mode, Night Mode, or on a Schedule
  • Wireless Repeater - Option to configure the camera as an access point

• TBD

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:48 AM »

Please post a reply if you know of any items in this wishlist that were already addressed in recent firmware updates!

brochs

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2014, 03:04:27 PM »

Here's my wishes for future firmware:

1. Need to be a way to avoid motion detection to react when light condition change. Switching from Day light to Night vision makes motion detection react as if there was movement.

2. Night Vision turns on to early. Would be great if there were a way to set light conditions for automatic switching.

3. IR light destroys picture through window. Need option to disable IR light.

4. Option to delay motion detection after last change. Let's say I go out with the trash, I trigger sending of e-mail and recording. Problem is that this simple action delivers maybe 4 e-mails as it continue to trigger when I move around.

5. Set area of exposure measuring same way as motion detection.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2014, 05:15:49 AM »

1. Need to be a way to avoid motion detection to react when light condition change. Switching from Day light to Night vision makes motion detection react as if there was movement.

4. Option to delay motion detection after last change. Let's say I go out with the trash, I trigger sending of e-mail and recording. Problem is that this simple action delivers maybe 4 e-mails as it continue to trigger when I move around.

Added to the firmware wishlist...

2. Night Vision turns on to early. Would be great if there were a way to set light conditions for automatic switching.

3. IR light destroys picture through window. Need option to disable IR light.

These items are already on the firmware wishlist.

5. Set area of exposure measuring same way as motion detection.

Please elaborate. Not sure I understand this request.  :-\

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2014, 05:17:44 AM »

DNS-5020L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - Option to enable motion detection either: Always, Day Mode, Night Mode, or on a Schedule
  • Motion Detection - Option to specify a minimum delay between successive motion detection triggers
  • Motion Detection - Option to exclude Day/Night mode transitions from triggering a motion detection event
  • Wireless Repeater - Option to configure the camera as an access point

• TBD

Tornade

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 10:07:10 AM »

Since there's no way to remotely disable the camera for privacy purpose.  I'd like to have the ability to pan/tilt the camera to a preset position like the ceiling or back where's nothing to see. I mean a one touch button like the "Move the cam to original position"

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2014, 08:43:38 AM »

Here's my wishlist:

System - Restore to Factory Default (Prompt for reconfirmation). Firmware 1.03 will immediately restore upon clicking this button.

System - Reboot on Schedule (same feature in newer DCS-942L)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2014, 05:13:51 AM »

Since there's no way to remotely disable the camera for privacy purpose.  I'd like to have the ability to pan/tilt the camera to a preset position like the ceiling or back where's nothing to see. I mean a one touch button like the "Move the cam to original position"

The DCS-5020L already has a menu with preset positions to choose from. Unfortunately, the mydlink mobile app does not yet support this feature as it is only accessible from the DCS-5020L web UI.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6