• April 15, 2024, 11:20:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WBR-1310 Rev B1 F/W 2.02 Router and Mac/HP Laptop  (Read 4318 times)

meghana

• Level 1 Member
WBR-1310 Rev B1 F/W 2.02 Router and Mac/HP Laptop
« on: March 23, 2010, 07:08:24 PM »

Hi.

I bought a Tiger MacBook mid '07 and was working really well with the WBR-1310 Rev B1 F/W 2.00. Then, around Aug 2009, I updated my OS to Leopard.

For sure, I have had this issue since Jan '10. However, don't remember when I started experiencing issues....as I talked to a Mac support person at one time...not sure when (more on that talk later).

I have had issues with my wireless connection. I did the normal things -- reboot, recycle of both cable/modem and router, tried different channels -- have it on auto (I believe). I have had to like other people on this forum - turning airport on/off multiple times -- almost every 5 - 10 minutes WITHOUT fail. Reading this forum today I must have recycled Airport 3 or 4 times.   Even writing this, i had to do it once or twice more.

I talked to Apple and tried to fix this -- erasing profile and creating new one...still issues -- can't find the date otherwise, I would put it here.

Points to make:
1 -- With work laptop I am able to connect via CAT6 cable and had no issues. I have not lately used wireless connection.
2 -- Also, my mom visited recently and she had an HP laptop with Windows 7 AND it also dropped during wireless connections. My mom got laptop in Dec.

3 -- I have used D-Link for a really long time and I love their products -- I believe this is my 3rd router with them...

I had a B router that eventually, after years of service, died. Got a D-Link from my company and that is at my parent's place and works GREAT with Leopard. Will have to ask which router/fw & hw version that is -- my mom's laptop does not drop connection there either.

I got an apartment and got this router (WBR-1310)...

Because of the I talked to my cable company and they think it is the router. They wanted me to bypass the router -- connect directly with cable/modem...which I tried, but had to switch back to using router because I couldn't get my work laptop to work with cable/modem.

I then started looking for answers -- in the last week. I updated the firmware version to 2.02 (which is the latest fw version for this HW version). Still did not work.

I just opened a case with D-Link. So we will see what happens. However, I just saw some postings on this forum about DHCP (which I use) and WPA and Leopard.

Can someone tell me if upgrading to Snow Leopard fixed their issues at least as far as MAC is concerned? What about compatibility with Windows 7?