• April 18, 2024, 04:12:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Access D-link Wi-Fi app through internet  (Read 11398 times)

johnzrunner

• Level 1 Member
Access D-link Wi-Fi app through internet
« on: February 07, 2020, 03:27:35 AM »

Hello, I recently bought a Dir-2660 router. The D-link wi-fi app is working properly when I am connected directly to the router, however I cannot access it out of the house.

D-Link Cloud Service is registered, and I can see my device when I login to sso.dlink.com, but when opening the app outside the house I receive the following prompt:
Disable your cellural data and enable your mobile device's Wi-Fi until the device setup process is complete.

Is there something I can do, maybe forward a port, to access my D-link through the internet?

P.S. the D-link defend app properly sees which devices are online when I am out of the house.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 03:33:34 AM by johnzrunner »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Access D-link Wi-Fi app through internet
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 06:15:00 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

Which cell phone provider do you use? ATT, T-Mobile, Verizon?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Raymond Cox

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 07:31:52 PM »

I have some kind of experience using Netgear and Marcus. But I don't know much about D-Link router yet. During  a few days I am thinking to buy D-Link routher for me. What is your thought?
Do you love to watch movies online?  Try this free source https://lookmovie.io/ No charges required.

nullname

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 06:54:10 PM »

I have the same problem that I can't access D-link WiFi outside my router's range.
And, here's my info:
router: dir-x5460
firmware: 1.04
region: USA

isp: verizon fios
isp modem mfr actiontec
     model# MI424WR-GEN3I

cellphone provider: t-mobile

Thanks!

Link>Welcome!

• Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

Which cell phone provider do you use? ATT, T-Mobile, Verizon?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 08:46:11 AM »

The WiFi app is currently for local only. D-Link is working on remote access for 2021 on some devices. You can enable remote access via the web UI and use that remotely.

Raymond Cox

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 06:24:51 AM »

I recently bought a router for me Netgear. But I would like to switch from it and now want to buy a D-Link router. Which one would be better for me? Give me ideas. Thanks!
Do you love to watch movies online?  Try this free source https://lookmovie.io/ No charges required.

nettewurk

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2023, 07:40:25 PM »

I recently bought a router for me Netgear. But I would like to switch from it and now want to buy a D-Link router. Which one would be better for me? Give me ideas. Thanks!

Seems that no one recently is monitoring this forum maybe due to little support given from the maker.   It's also sad to see that D-Link is releasing few or no products recently.  Last thing I've heard is their one and only WiFi 6E router which is also releasing its own app but neglecting other D-Link apps like D-Link WiFi that should be expanding its product range.   COVR-X1870 seems the affordable one for WiFi6 but has no support on recent 6GHz band nor mesh protocol integrated in Eagle AI and Aquila Pro.   Hoping that they could focus on versatile app that could exclude old models for new app version approach.
COVR/DIR/DCS/DNS/DHP/DWA/DRA/DSP

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2023, 08:04:40 PM »

I wouldn't bet on any updates.  Just looked at their main website and the latest news postings are from 2021.I don't see any new stuff being offered by them. Their about D-Link page has 2018 as the last entry of any type of info.

nettewurk

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2023, 03:14:26 AM »

Hoping that they could expand their affordable product line on WiFi 6E/7 routers, smart devices and IP camera including NAS and general compatibility of MESH extenders, regardless of AQUILA, EAGLE, COVR.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 04:24:25 AM by nettewurk »

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2023, 09:34:15 AM »

Not even sure what the state of the company is in.  The website's latest news is dated 2021.

RickHarley

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2023, 02:58:25 AM »

A visually appealing and user-friendly design is vital for the success of any app. Custom graphics, animations, and a high level of design detail can add to the cost. Investing in design is essential to create an engaging user experience and can be a significant factor in the overall budget. Features and Functionality: The features you want to include in your app significantly impact costs. Features like user authentication, social media integration, in-app purchases, and real-time chat can increase development time and expenses https://mlsdev.com/blog/app-development-cost. It's important to prioritize features based on your app's core purpose and your target audience's needs. Third-Party Integrations: If your app needs to integrate with external services, APIs, or hardware, this will affect the cost. Developing and testing these integrations can add complexity to the project. However, they can also enhance your app's functionality and user experience.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 03:25:32 AM by RickHarley »

nettewurk

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2023, 08:06:31 PM »

A visually appealing and user-friendly design is vital for the success of any app. Custom graphics, animations, and a high level of design detail can add to the cost. Investing in design is essential to create an engaging user experience and can be a significant factor in the overall budget. Features and Functionality: The features you want to include in your app significantly impact costs. Features like user authentication, social media integration, in-app purchases, and real-time chat can increase development time and expenses https://mlsdev.com/blog/app-development-cost. It's important to prioritize features based on your app's core purpose and your target audience's needs. Third-Party Integrations: If your app needs to integrate with external services, APIs, or hardware, this will affect the cost. Developing and testing these integrations can add complexity to the project. However, they can also enhance your app's functionality and user experience.

The above is well said in creating core and supporting apps for D-Link products.
But the problem is that D-Link Global doesn't have diverse selection and newest products to offer this 2023.
Sad to see that Aquila AI pro is the only one released for 2023 and there no other new models also from other devices like IP cameras, mesh routers, etc.   802.11be draft standard will be ratified next year I believe but D-Link has still no new router nor adapter to offer.