• April 28, 2024, 01:12:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 605L DHCP IP address 100 not working  (Read 6780 times)

Tumbledown

• Level 1 Member
605L DHCP IP address 100 not working
« on: August 08, 2013, 01:40:18 AM »

DHCP IP 192.168.0.100 address has stopped working.

I connect several devices and because 100 is the first in the configured range, the first device switched on is given this address. I can get round it by using a cable connection for the first device but have to make sure I switch the right device on first whenever I need to restart the IP service. I have tried to reconfigure my 605L to change the range eg starting at 50 rather than 100 but I get WAN - LAN subnet conflict error of I try to save any changes to the configuration. So I have 2 problems 1) why has IP 100 address stopped working and 2) why is there a WAN - LAN conflict. I cannot find any information about WAN addresses on my router. Grateful for any solutions.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: 605L DHCP IP address 100 not working
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 07:33:26 AM »

Link>
Welcome!
  • What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?
  • Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
  • Has a Factory Reset been performed?

Router and Wired Configurations
Some things to try: - Log into the routers web page at 192.168.0.1. Use IE, Opera or FF to manage the router.
  • Turn off ALL QoS or Disable Traffic Shaping (DIR only) GameFuel (DGL only and if ON.) options, Advanced/QoS or Gamefuel.
  • Turn off Advanced DNS Services if you have this option under Setup/Internet/Manual or under Setup/PARENTAL CONTROL/Set to>None: Static IP or Obtain Automatically From ISP.
  • Enable Use Unicasting (compatibility for some ISP DHCP Servers) under Setup/Internet/Manual.
  • Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking. Link>Finding Faster DNS Addresses using Name Bench
  • Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. Setup/Networking. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting.
  • Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
  • If IPv6 is an option on the router, select Local Connection Only or Disable IPv6 options under Setup/IPv6.
  • Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP under Advanced/Firewall. Enable or Disable SPI to test.
  • Enable uPnP and Multi-cast Streaming under Advanced/Networking. Disable uPnP for testing Port Forwarding rules. Enable IPv6 Multi-cast Streaming for routers that have a Media Server option. Disable IPv6 Multi-cast Streaming if IPv6 or Media Server is not being used.
  • Turn off WISH, and WPS under Advanced.
  • WAN Port Speed set to Auto or specific speed? Some newer ISP modems support 1000Mb so manually setting to Gb speeds can be supported by the router. Advanced/Advanced Networking/WAN Port Speed
  • Set current Time Zone, Date and Time. Use an NTP Server feature. Tools/Time.

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Tumbledown

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 09:10:50 AM »

Hi.

Thanks for quick reply.

The 605L Hardware version is A1.
The FW is V1.12.
My PC is connected by cable and it also has taken the 100 DHCP address for the wireless connection which I am not using. We have other devices which are all connected by wireless - all without a problem provided they do not use the 100 address. Anything using the 100 address does not work.
I am not sure what you mean by region but I am connected to an internet service in Spain near Alicante. The connection to the ISP is wireless (small sat dish) and I connect the 605L to a Grandstream router Model HT502 which is connected to the dish via phone internet splitter device.

I personally have never carried out a factory reset. The agent who fitted the system did have to change the 605L IP address to 192.168.0.2 as the Grandstream already used the .1 address - or so he said.

As a beginner at configuring routers I am a bit wary about a reset although I have copied screen prints of the settings and I have saved current gateway settings using the maintenance option. Obviously if there is some sort of conflict I am worried that I will not be able to change the settings if I carry out a reset - and system might stop working all together.

I have changed the time settings and activated ntp1 and also changed the network key without a problem - but this may have been before other problems appeared. Now I seem unable to save changes to DHCP range due to LAN WAN subnet conflict and anyway this might not be the solution to the 100 address not working.

I can try upgrading the Firmware to V14 but I have also seen advice in the Forum that one should carry out a factory reset before and after installing the new firmware. Is this correct?

It would be good to solve the DHCP 100 problem as this is a holiday home and we frequently switch off both routers and suspend the service. If we only have wireless devices with us the first one to connect will never work via our internet service.

Thanks for your help.

PS I have also e-mailed our internet service provider but no response!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »

Hi.

Thanks for quick reply.

The 605L Hardware version is A1.
The FW is V1.12.
My PC is connected by cable and it also has taken the 100 DHCP address for the wireless connection which I am not using. We have other devices which are all connected by wireless - all without a problem provided they do not use the 100 address. Anything using the 100 address does not work.
I am not sure what you mean by region but I am connected to an internet service in Spain near Alicante. The connection to the ISP is wireless (small sat dish) and I connect the 605L to a Grandstream router Model HT502 which is connected to the dish via phone internet splitter device.
  • If this modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems: Link>Double NAT and How NAT Works. To tell if the modem is bridged or not, look at the routers web page, Status/Device Info/Wan Section, if there is a 192.168.0.# address in the WAN IP address field, then the modem is not bridged. If the modem can't be bridged then see if the modem has a DMZ option and input the IP address the router gets from the modem and put that into the modems DMZ.

I personally have never carried out a factory reset. The agent who fitted the system did have to change the 605L IP address to 192.168.0.2 as the Grandstream already used the .1 address - or so he said.

As a beginner at configuring routers I am a bit wary about a reset although I have copied screen prints of the settings and I have saved current gateway settings using the maintenance option. Obviously if there is some sort of conflict I am worried that I will not be able to change the settings if I carry out a reset - and system might stop working all together.

I have changed the time settings and activated ntp1 and also changed the network key without a problem - but this may have been before other problems appeared. Now I seem unable to save changes to DHCP range due to LAN WAN subnet conflict and anyway this might not be the solution to the 100 address not working.

I can try upgrading the Firmware to V14 but I have also seen advice in the Forum that one should carry out a factory reset before and after installing the new firmware. Is this correct? Yes.
 FW Update Process

It would be good to solve the DHCP 100 problem as this is a holiday home and we frequently switch off both routers and suspend the service. If we only have wireless devices with us the first one to connect will never work via our internet service.
You can set up Device IP reservations so if there actually is a problem with .100 IP address, you can just set your devcies to not to use that and use a different address. You can follow this where it shows you how to reserve IP addresses:
Gaming and QoS for XBL

Thanks for your help.

PS I have also e-mailed our internet service provider but no response!
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.