• April 26, 2024, 03:54:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Blocking DIR-655.bsecure.com blocks Internet address resolution!  (Read 50187 times)

xx32racer32xx

• Level 1 Member
Re: Blocking DIR-655.bsecure.com blocks Internet address resolution!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 04:10:44 AM »

install 1.10 works perfect had it for 2 years

johnlynn5

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »

I'll add my 2 cents.  Back in April I upgraded to 1.33.  Not fully understanding what SecureSpot was (I thought it was a regular feature), I signed up for it.  Realizing my mistake, I contacted D-Link and they gave me a backdoor method of disabling it.  Fast forward to present.

I purchased a new laptop and fired it up.  It found my home network, but couldn't connect to the internet.  Messages were something like DIR-655 Bsecure New device, followed by some hex addresses or data.  I looked up the recent version of firmware and 1.34 says it addresses a Bsecure issue, so, I updated to ver. 1.34

Tried my new PC again, same result, no internet access.  After reading this forum and other blogs, I checked to see if SecureSpot was enabled.  Yep, ver. 1.34 comes with it enabled (bad idea).  So, I disabled SecureSpot and Bingo, my new PC works just fine.  Not sure exactly what the connection is between Bsecure and SecureSpot, but my PC now works.  Seems like some of this software doesn't play nice together.  D-Link Tech was not able to help with this issue.  They insisted the router was working fine. I had to find the solution on my own. Hope this helps someone.

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 10:15:57 AM »

SecureSpot is the product, and bsecure.com is the URL.

My understanding is that the radio button for toggling the enable/disable state of SecureSpot was not properly being interpreted correctly by the firmware:  It was being enabled on some routers although the displayed status indicated that it was disabled.

FW 1.34 was to fix this issue.
DIR-655 H/W A4, Firmware 1.34NAb02 beta
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]