D-Link DSL Modem/Routers > DSL-2740B

D-Link DSL-2740B internet access problem

(1/1)

tpierron:
Hello there,

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I've hard times figuring out what. I've just setup this dsl-router, using all the information from my ISP, and everything seems to be fine: connection using PPPoE, link is up, I have a public IP address, valid DNS address (I have the same ISP at my work place, with same DNS addresses, they are up and running). Link status is showed as CONNECTED in the web interface of the router, all LEDs are lighted up (DSL + Internet) and stable.

Yet, I cannot access anything outside the LAN (ping to external IP fails, DNS lookup fails, ...). I'm using the wired connection (cable seems fine since I can display the web interface). In short: hardware seems ok, ISP configuration seems ok, it seems I miss something in the networking part. Any insight on what might be causing this problem or what should be activated ?

Or better: is there any way to have debugging information ? I'm a software developer, I'm used to look through log files...

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.
What region are you located?
Are you wired or wireless connected to the modem?
Do other devices connect to the internet correctly?

Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the modem. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting.
Ensure your PCs and devices are set up for Automatic Obtain IP addressing.

Ensure Browser cache and DNS cache is cleared.
Temporarily disable any 3rd party security SW like firewalls to test.

What browser are you using?
Try Opera or FF? If IE 8 or 9, set compatibility mode and test again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version