D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > DIR-882

Unable to connect with PS4

(1/8) > >>

yellowdog:
Hi,
I purchased the router the other day on Amazon.
All seemed fine until I tried to connect to the router via my PS4. I get unable to connect maybe because the signal is too weak.
I think thats a general message and not actually relative to my situation.
I tried with smart connect and without on 2.5ghz with different bands.
The only was I can get a connection is if I switch of the security leaving the wireless network without a password.
Every other device I have in the house works fine, iMac, iPads, iPhones, Huawei P8 and Roku Streaming Stick Plus.
So I think there is an issue with the WPA/WPA2-Personal security protocol on one or both sides.
Any ideas?

Cheers

zvan92:

--- Quote from: yellowdog on April 12, 2018, 01:36:56 PM ---Hi,
All seemed fine until I tried to connect to the router via my PS4. I get unable to connect maybe because the signal is too weak.
The only was I can get a connection is if I switch of the security leaving the wireless network without a password.
Every other device I have in the house works fine, iMac, iPads, iPhones, Huawei P8 and Roku Streaming Stick Plus.
So I think there is an issue with the WPA/WPA2-Personal security protocol on one or both sides.
Any ideas?

Cheers

--- End quote ---

Having this exact same issue. Purchased the router yesterday and had no issues connecting my PS4 to the router right out of the box. The issue only started happening when I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.10). Like OP, I have no problems connecting my PS4 when I disable WPA, and all of my other devices have no issues connecting to the router.

FurryNutz:
Please try the FW update, do a factory reset then setup from scratch.

Try setting manual channel to 1, 6 or 11. Any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Does the PS consoles connect to 5Ghz. If PS4, I believe they support 5ghz radios..

Disable IPv6 on the router, set local only connection.

What Mfr and model# modems do you two have from your ISP??
What prior router mfr and model# were you using before the 882? Was the console working then?

--- Quote from: yellowdog on April 12, 2018, 01:36:56 PM ---Hi,
Any ideas?

Cheers

--- End quote ---

FurryNutz:
Does the PS consoles connect to 5Ghz. If PS4, I believe they support 5ghz radios..

Disable IPv6 on the router, set local only connection.

What Mfr and model# modems do you two have from your ISP??
What prior router mfr and model# were you using before the 882? Was the console working then?

--- Quote from: zvan92 on April 12, 2018, 01:56:33 PM ---Having this exact same issue. Purchased the router yesterday and had no issues connecting my PS4 to the router right out of the box. The issue only started happening when I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.10). Like OP, I have no problems connecting my PS4 when I disable WPA, and all of my other devices have no issues connecting to the router.

--- End quote ---

Gattsu:
Process a downgrade to 1.01B02 and see if the PS4 will connect on WPA2. I'm looking at a wireless negotiation issue between the devices because of the new KRACK WPA vulnerability implementation on version 1.10. Check to see if the PS4 is updated to the latest firmware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version