The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-895L

DIR-895L - Firmware 1.21B05 Released (KRACK patch)

(1/5) > >>

GreenBay42:
If you have firmware 1.13 or lower, you must install version 1.15 first and then update to 1.21B05. Both firmware files are in the ZIP file.

Firmware - ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/DIR-895L/REVA/DIR-895L_REVA_FIRMWARE_v1.21B05.zip

Release Notes:

1. Update WPA2 security patch (aka KRACK)
2. Support VLAN priority
3. Upgrade dnsmasq to 2.78
4. Improved IOT issue with Mac client
5. Fixed guest mode always on issue

FurryNutz:
FYI, Security update for the DIR-895L:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=75404.0

j7124:
Hi All:

I just applied the latest patch for DIR-895L, seems the patch has speed issues?  The speed and signal on on my 5GHZ 2nd channel is non-existant (weak signal and very slow speed - speedtest).  Prior on the 1.21 (before the KRACK patch) I was getting very good wireless speed and signal.  Can someone have a look and let me know if ya are seeing the same?  I tried the reset within the firmware and setup as brand new install (without loading the prior config) and same issue.  I am just worried that in 06/2020 since this unit is EOL and DLINK wont fix it address the speed issue.  They fix some security holes and broke something else?
I tried to mess around with other parameters and the same result, anyone with any thoughts?  P.S.  I am only using the router as AP.

--- Quote from: GreenBay42 on February 01, 2018, 02:37:19 PM ---If you have firmware 1.13 or lower, you must install version 1.15 first and then update to 1.21B05. Both firmware files are in the ZIP file.

Firmware - ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/DIR-895L/REVA/DIR-895L_REVA_FIRMWARE_v1.21B05.zip

Release Notes:

1. Update WPA2 security patch (aka KRACK)
2. Support VLAN priority
3. Upgrade dnsmasq to 2.78
4. Improved IOT issue with Mac client
5. Fixed guest mode always on issue

--- End quote ---

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
If you reset the router after applying the FW and the 2nd 5Ghz radio isn't working, please revert back to v1.20 for now.
Is Smart Connect enabled?
What devices do you have connected to the 5Ghz radio.
Does the 1st 5Ghz radio work?

j7124:
Hi.  Thanks for the warm welcome.  My DIR895L was capable of having the secondary 5GHZ at 300 / 250 (down/up)  on the 1.21 firmware (prior to the updated KRACK patch).  After, the upgrade to the KRACK patch, my secondary 5GHZ is weak weak signal are at 5 / 1 (down/up) speeds.  All other settings are left intact.  To further prove my point that the KRACK patch is issue, I rolled back to 1.21 (prior 2018 version) and I get the blazing 300 /250 (down / up) speed, SO I can conclude in my case there is some speed issue in the KRACK patch that is sowing down the secondary 5Ghz channel.  You have the same problem?    I already tried the factory reset and reconfig everything form fresh and same issue.   It's definitely not any other setting or cable.  I am using else the same, ONY updated the software.  Any thoughts?   

I am in the USA - N/A region.  I disabled SmartConnect.  2.4Ghz and 5.1Ghz (primary) is working, but speed is a bit lower, 5.1GHz (secondary) is the problem child after the 1.21 KRACK update.  The signal and speed is virtually non-existant; speed and signal is zero bars and speed is almost zero.   I am using 2 Samsung phones on the 5.1Ghz secondary channel.  I roleld back to 1.21 (2018 version) and get blazing signal & speed.  So, I can conclude in my case, it's the 1.21 KRACK patch.  Any ideas?  Has anyone raised with DLINK?   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version