• October 21, 2018, 09:04:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 855l router and hitron shaw modem  (Read 1675 times)

barneyfife44

• Level 1 Member
855l router and hitron shaw modem
« on: August 11, 2017, 07:24:50 PM »

I have had shaw issue me a ip passthrough second ip address, but cant seem to get it to work with my new 855l router. I have set the ip passthrough to port 4 on the hitron modem, but it will not connect to the internet through the 855l. I am quite green on issues like this, so please be gentle :P

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: 855l router and hitron shaw modem
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:50:15 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Is this IP a dynamic IP address coming thru the ISP modem or Static? If Static, try setting a static configuration on the 855L under Setup/Internet/Connection type to Static. If it's Dynamic from the ISP Modem, DHCP should work as well.

Make sure your connecting a lan cable from port 4 to the WAN or Internet port on the 855L router.
Is there any IP addressing found under Status/Internet on the routers web page?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

barneyfife44

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 01:01:32 PM »

What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.-------------A1
    Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.---------------1.11
    What region are you located?--------------campbell river BC, Canada. Shaw cable internet, hitron cgnm2250 modem/router

Is this IP a dynamic IP address coming thru the ISP modem or Static? If Static, try setting a static configuration on the 855L under Setup/Internet/Connection type to Static. If it's Dynamic from the ISP Modem, DHCP should work as well.---------------Dynamic

Make sure your connecting a lan cable from port 4 to the WAN or Internet port on the 855L router.-----------Yes there is
Is there any IP addressing found under Status/Internet on the routers web page?------------------no addressing, just a MAC addy
I am on Windows 10

Thank you for your help
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:22:05 PM by barneyfife44 »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:50:18 AM »

Wire a LAN cable pc to modems PORT 4 and see if you get internet or an IP address on the PC. I presume if the PC doesn't get anything, then the port or modem isn't configured correctly?

What happens if you put the router on PORT 1?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

barneyfife44

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 11:14:07 AM »

Wire a LAN cable pc to modems PORT 4 and see if you get internet or an IP address on the PC. I presume if the PC doesn't get anything, then the port or modem isn't configured correctly?----------I tried that, and no internet or ip address. If i move the lan cable to  ports 1,2,3, i get internet connection, just not on the port that enable ip passthrough on.

What happens if you put the router on PORT 1? --------------tried using ports 1 and 2 with ip passthrough, nothing

Was on support last night with shaw, and they could not figure it out either. They say they have enabled a 2nd ip address on my account, but still no luck

Thank you

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »

Ok, might ask them about the modem and the configuration of it. I'd make sure the modem supports WAN IP passthrough as well.

Once you get the passthru working with a wired PC, I presume it will work with the router too.

Good Luck.