• April 23, 2024, 09:37:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Chromebooks  (Read 791 times)

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
Chromebooks
« on: December 24, 2022, 07:03:32 PM »

I am thinking of buying a top rated, the smaller 11.6" chromebook either the
Acer Chromebook, 11.6-inch HD, CB3-131-C3SZ (Intel Celeron, 2GB, 16GB, White) or ASUS Chromebook 13 Inch HD with Gigabit WiFi, 16GB Storage & 4GB RAM (Light Blue)

I hear even with the slow processor, Intel turbo N2840 2.16 GHz, flipping internet pages is still fast with Google OS. I could not confirm that at Fry's because there wasn't any wifi access. The sales guy was no help because he had nothing but bad things to say about chromebooks (Fry's only had 2 on display, one was the ASUS). Needless to say I will not be using it for MS Office 365
Tennis Lessons Bridgehampton, skype, or even Picasa 3. I just need internet access for communication and uploading a few photos, and be using Google Doc to read word doc and one small excel file. So 2GB ram and 16 GB SSD storage is just fine with me. My main concern will flipping pages be as fast as a core i5 process running windows 7.

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
Re: Chromebooks
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 10:11:40 AM »

also check this out epoxy flooring Raleigh