• April 19, 2024, 02:43:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FTP on motion detect?  (Read 4204 times)

nossifer

• Level 1 Member
FTP on motion detect?
« on: February 09, 2015, 12:47:51 PM »

I cannot yet find a way to have the dcs-2132lb1 to upload captured images / video to an FTP server.  I have a dcs-942l which is easy to use regarding uploading motion to an FTP, and the interface is very easy to use with the 942, but this one, I just can't figure out.

I can get an "test" message uploaded to the server, and a "test OK" message on screen, but no luck on getting any video or images uploaded on motion detect.  I'd suggest to d-link to use a common interface between their products so that this type of issue can be avoided in the future.

Can someone supply me step by step instructions on what to do?  I bought this for use at the cottage and while I like the camera outside of this issue, this is a deal breaker for me, and it's too late to return the product now.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: FTP on motion detect?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 01:22:06 PM »

The data fields for configuring FTP look identical for the DCS-2132L and DCS-942L, with the exception of some labeling differences (e.g. "Server Address" vs. "FTP to"). Did you try dropping the same values used in the DCS-942L into the DCS-2132L as a test case?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »

I can get an "test" message uploaded to the server, and a "test OK" message on screen, but no luck on getting any video or images uploaded on motion detect.  I'd suggest to d-link to use a common interface between their products so that this type of issue can be avoided in the future.

Your 2132lb1 has gone to a more unified interface across devices.

Your other cam is borderline out of date.

Does your PIR work?
Does Morton detect to SD card work?

Do you have enough blocks configured on motion detect? Is the sensitivity set high enough?

Are you using the camera's firmware Web pages to do this or through mydlink. Com?

mikenicholson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 07:37:31 AM »

FTP is not working on the DCS-2132LB1.  I have 2 5222L's, and a 932L all set up exactly the same and yet the 2132 fails tests.  What gives?