• April 26, 2024, 12:20:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Humming Noise from DCS-5010L  (Read 3112 times)

mtarallo

• Level 1 Member
Humming Noise from DCS-5010L
« on: May 21, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »

Just an FYI -had this humming noise just start after about 6 months of ownership.

If you are within the warranty period you can get a replacement.

The camera worked fine, then today 5/21/14 I noticed the humming noise.

I was on phone with D-Link over 30 mins -- they walk you through everything - in order to justify that it is a hardware problem, even though you know it is a problem with the hardware.

Call 1 (877) 453-5465 push phone # buttons - 2 2 5 1 to get to the appropriate support person.

Be prepared to go through everything before you get an RMA for your replacement.

1 - volume setting
2 - reboot
3 - move to another outlet
4- Send video of the problem

They need proof and supervisor approval before they can send the RMA replacement.

I have many D-Link cameras (DCS-932l) and DCS-5010L) - I noticed that most of them don't seem to last more than a year.

Their replacement process is very rigid and not consumer friendly.

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:50:50 AM by mtarallo »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Humming Noise from DCS-5010L
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »

Just an FYI -had this humming noise just start after about 6 months of ownership.

If you are within the warranty period you can get a replacement. It worked fine, then today noticed humming noise. On phone with D-Link now (going on 25 mins) -- and they walk you through everything - in order to justify that it is a hardware problem, even though you know it is a problem with the hardware.

Call 1 (877) 453-5465 push phone # buttons - 2 2 5 1 to get to the appropriate support person.

Be prepared to go through everything before you get an RMA for your replacement.

1 - volume setting
2 - reboot
3 - move to another outlet

They need supervisor approval before they can send the RMA email - that takes time too.

I have many D-Link cameras (DCS-932l) and DCS-5010L) -I noticed that most of them don't seem to last more than a year.

Hope this helps

I've had my DCS-932L since 2011 without any issues.

Keep in mind that D-Link technical support is required to perform their due diligence to rule out configuration or environmental factors before issuing an RMA. The process does not take that long and is easily completed during one call if the camera is readily accessible for their battery of tests.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:22:06 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC