• March 28, 2024, 06:27:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: DCS-2230 - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 101705 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-2230 - Firmware Wishlist
« on: August 17, 2012, 07:45:29 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• TBD

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Crp

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-2230 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 01:49:42 AM »

DCS-2230 Wishlist

The ability to use different image settings when ICR is on or not. Like brightness/contrast/white balance/etc.. or time schedules for the Image settings.

thank you!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:11:05 AM »

DCS-2230 Wishlist

The ability to use different image settings when ICR is on or not. Like brightness/contrast/white balance/etc.. or time schedules for the Image settings.

thank you!

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 05:13:46 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• General - Option to select different image settings when ICR is disabled (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.)
  • General - Option to select different image settings (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.) on a schedule

• TBD

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:52:12 AM »

DLink should fix this bug on all the cameras:
  • Bug
    Ability to change OSD date format. It's different in every country, so it can get confusing if it is not configured like your local date format.
    e.g.: picture footage from a single day labeled "01/02/12". Jan 2nd 2012? Feb 1st 2012? Feb 12th 2001? ???
    Should provide at least these options:
    Date: MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD
    Time: 12H AM-PM, 24H
    Then about the recording folders/filenames it should be wise to keep the format YYYY/MM/DD 24H to keep the files in order.
  • Wish
    Ability to upload and set a .png logo/watermark to the footage

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »

DLink should fix this bug on all the cameras:
  • Bug
    Ability to change OSD date format. It's different in every country, so it can get confusing if it is not configured like your local date format.
    e.g.: picture footage from a single day labeled "01/02/12". Jan 2nd 2012? Feb 1st 2012? Feb 12th 2001? ???
    Should provide at least these options:
    Date: MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD
    Time: 12H AM-PM, 24H
    Then about the recording folders/filenames it should be wise to keep the format YYYY/MM/DD 24H to keep the files in order.
  • Wish
    Ability to upload and set a .png logo/watermark to the footage

Thanks!  Added... ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:43:32 PM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• General - Name recording folders and files usin***YYY/MM/DD 24H format to ensure proper sorting
  • General - Option to select different image settings when ICR is disabled (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.)
  • General - Option to select different image settings (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.) on a schedule
  • Date - Option to change OSD date format (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD)
  • General - Option to to watermark video footage with user-selected image file
  • Date - Option to change OSD time format (i.e. 12 hour AM/PM and 24 Hour)

• TBD

MathSWE

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 12:06:47 AM »

Hi all!

I would really want to be able to set minimum record length for PIR-triggered events. So that I could configure the camera to record, for instance, for one hour duration after the last PIR-trigger.

A good extention of this feature is if one cam then could activate all the other cams on the same LAN.

But the feature of set record length at PIR-event would be enough. And highly appreciated.

Best regards

Mathias

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »

Hi all!

I would really want to be able to set minimum record length for PIR-triggered events. So that I could configure the camera to record, for instance, for one hour duration after the last PIR-trigger.

Added...

A good extention of this feature is if one cam then could activate all the other cams on the same LAN.

Although this is only a "wishlist", I'm hesitant to add this feature as it would require recoding the firmware on the entire line of mydlink supported cameras. . . And even so, we're talking about having one camera communicate a "record now" event to all other cameras.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:48:22 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 09:50:18 AM »

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• General - Name recording folders and files usin***YYY/MM/DD 24H format to ensure proper sorting
  • Date - Option to change OSD date format (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD)
  • Motion Detection - Option to configure minimum recording duration following a motion detection events (e.g. configure camera to record for one hour following a motion dtection event)

• TBD

dilski79

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 09:42:28 AM »

A good addition would be to have an overwrite function for files on the SD card when it is full.  Having to format the card each time it is full is tiresome.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 04:46:44 PM »

A good addition would be to have an overwrite function for files on the SD card when it is full.  Having to format the card each time it is full is tiresome.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 04:47:58 PM »

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• General - Option to automatically overwrite existing files on the SD card when the SD card is full
  • Motion Detection - Option to configure minimum recording duration following a motion detection events (e.g. configure camera to record for one hour following a motion dtection event)

[/list]

• TBD

MarTM

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 09:41:17 AM »

• "setup/event setup/media file" "Snapshot" add option overwrite image with same name
  • "setup/event setup/server" "FTP"  add or enable dot symbol in "Remote folder name"

;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 10:24:40 AM »

• "setup/event setup/media file" "Snapshot" add option overwrite image with same name
  • "setup/event setup/server" "FTP"  add or enable dot symbol in "Remote folder name"

;)

Added...  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4