• April 18, 2024, 08:53:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2 networks?  (Read 4468 times)

Onthesamepath

• Level 1 Member
2 networks?
« on: March 10, 2012, 03:20:17 PM »

I have a DCS-930 running successfully on my home network. Now I want to set up a DCS-932 on a different network at my mother's house in another city, so I can monitor her house from a distance.  Questions:
1. After installing, will I be able to see both cameras at mydlink.com if they are on different networks?
2. Is installation any different because there are 2 networks?
3. Can I use the existing install wizard on the laptop that I used with the 1st installation or should I use my mother's PC?
4. How do I get started since the first instruction is to insert and use the CD that came with the new camera?

Basically I want to know what the install procedure is if I am using a different network but the same laptop I used with the 1st one.  The laptop has a wireless connection to both networks.

deelinked

• Level 1 Member
Re: 2 networks?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »

Not absolutely sure with this but would imagine if you use the same email address and password cannot see why not!!!
Deelinked

bktchj

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 01:48:29 PM »

1. After installing, will I be able to see both cameras at mydlink.com if they are on different networks?
-You'll be able to see both of the cameras if you registered them on the same mydlink account. Since the DCS-932L will be on a different location, connecting on the same network would be impossible but then again, they can be on the same mydlink account

2. Is installation any different because there are 2 networks?
- Nope. Even if the two cameras are of different networks, the setup would just be the same.

3. Can I use the existing install wizard on the laptop that I used with the 1st installation or should I use my mother's PC?
- Put it this way: the DCS-932L will be a different camera on a different location so if there is a computer on you mom's house (assuming it is already online), use that.

4. How do I get started since the first instruction is to insert and use the CD that came with the new camera?
- Use the setup disc and just follow the instructions. Again, consider you DCS-932L as a new and different camera and do not think about your other camera

Basically I want to know what the install procedure is if I am using a different network but the same laptop I used with the 1st one.  The laptop has a wireless connection to both networks.
- Just follow the steps provided on the setup wizard. Any computer would do, it does not matter if it was used on the previous camera or a new one. Keep in mind: CONSIDER YOUR DCS-932L A NEW/DIFFERENT CAMERA. But you can register it on your existing mydlink account so that you can view two cameras at a time.
Yi-Pee-Ki-Yay

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »

- Put it this way: the DCS-932L will be a different camera on a different location so if there is a computer on you mom's house (assuming it is already online), use that.

Expanding on this point, the install wizard application is camera agnostic, meaning that the wizard application can be used with any DCS-932L. Each DCS-932L is uniquely identified via a serial number encoded in the camera hardware.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC