• March 28, 2024, 05:36:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-930L iPhone app ok via home network (Mac) / Can't connect via cell network  (Read 4576 times)

benoitb

• Level 1 Member

I hope someone can help me.... please...

Camera set up with the Beta Mac wizard connected via ethernet on Airport base. Wireless security WPA2 Personal. Using DHCP. AirPort Utility 5.5.2, OSX 10.6.6.

I can see the cam with the myDlink Lite iPhone (4) App when I am in my house with my wireless network. When I am out, away from my network, the App can't connect to the cam, tells me to check my network settings. I did the wps way and added the cam in the airport base utility *Access Control* tab but still doesn't work. Checked in the cam web page settings, can't figure out what the Pre-Shared Key is and where I get it/set it up in the airport utility...

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:36:08 PM by benoitb »

benoitb

• Level 1 Member

ok, was able to make it work...

I reset the cam, then pressed the wps button and added it in my airport (add new wireless client - first attempt). I did not modify the cam preference on the MyDlink web page. I wasn't able to get the Dlink iPhone app to see the cam when I am on my cell phone network but was able to see it via another app. I was able to set up a second cam in less than 5 minutes...