• April 25, 2024, 01:04:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: .  (Read 5072 times)

holamundolindo

• Level 1 Member
« on: October 09, 2010, 08:22:08 PM »

« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:25:14 AM by matias_2 »

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: Can't see motion detection of past days
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:44:10 AM »

Probably you set your log/file cleanup period too short. Make it 7 days instead of 1. It is somewhere in the configuration pages, where you also set locations and low watermark for overwriting recordings when getting low on space

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: Can't see motion detection of past days
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 10:10:31 PM »

Matias,

I am not sure I capture the issue here, so please correct me if I'm wrong:

1. User A is DViewcam admin, User B is DViewcam limited profile user
2. PC is running, recording DViewCam, but no login active on Main Console
3. If User B logs in on Main Console he sees Red "watermark", but live image remains visible below
4. If you log out user B and log in again as A you see normal images as they are recorded
5. People restart your PC and look at live image to check angle of camera through the red "watermark"

Questions:
a. You do not want users to restart your PC?
b. Is the PC the recording device, or just looking remotely? i.e. should PC remain on at all times?
c. Can you restrict these other people logging on onto your PC (remove from domain or forbid restart)?
d. Low-tech solution: Do you have a lock on your office?
e. Can you run a secondary camera on another PC to record activity in your office when you are out?

Suggestions:
Can you install a keystroke logger on your pc to check what happens on your PC after you leave the office?
How about removing the secondary account (B), so that users cannot log on into DViewCam, but still start recording automatically at reboot of the system?

Please verify my assumptions 1-5 and questions a-e... I will check my DviewCam V3.01 on the above scenario to see if 'things' are possible, I have not worked that much using limited profile users...

Greeting from Canada... a.k.a. "The white-out zone"

We have had snow (few cm only) already, but normally we can expect snow in mid-September, living at this altitude (1200 m) and next to the Rocky Mountains.