• March 29, 2024, 04:05:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGS-1100-05V2  (Read 3593 times)

smashmike65

• Level 1 Member
DGS-1100-05V2
« on: January 22, 2022, 10:07:24 AM »

Hello all,

I've recently purchased five DGS-1100-05V2 switches for a project, largely because of being able to use SNMP monitoring. I didn't realize that not all the information available via the web GUI would be presented via SNMP.

I was hoping to be able to get more standard MIB2 information such as port aliases, port VLAN membership, VLAN information, firmware version, serial number, and connected MAC addresses. Part of my goal in this project is a centralized "single pane of glass" dashboard approach with the data all retrieved programmatically. The switch hardware is great, and I like the web interface as well. I just need a way to gather the information via script.

I've explored the web GUI and possibly scraping the pages, but it is all embedded dynamic JavaScript. I've found a few files that I can observe that have information that I want, but can only access them after I click on the relevant page in the GUI and then in Chrome or Firefox's ViewSource mode can I see the .js file with the data loaded. In short, I know this method won't work.

Is there any way, whether a CLI, web interface, or SNMP that I can gather additional information from this switch? Is there any chance of a firmware update that could simply present more information (that the switch already has) via SNMP? I've read that the larger switches in this line have additional SNMP information so I was hoping it could be a possible addition for the future. I've emailed support for assistance/feature request as well, to which they replied "Please use the web GUI".

Thanks for any help, suggestions, and ideas! :)

--Mike