• March 28, 2024, 09:21:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DNS-320L - Firmware v1.04b012 Comments & Observations  (Read 27076 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DNS-320L - Firmware v1.04b012 Comments & Observations
« on: February 07, 2015, 01:56:06 PM »

D-Link posted DNS-320L firmware version v1.04b012, which can be downloaded here: DNS-320L  - Firmware vv1.04b012 Download.

Please post your comments and observations as a reply to this thread.

:)  ;)  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-320L - Firmware v1.04b012 Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 01:56:41 PM »

Firmware: 1.04b12 - Date: 12/26/2014

• [New Feature] Support Add-ons Package Installation
  • [New Feature] Support Google Drive
  • [New Feature] Support D-Link Vault (ElephantDrive) cloud storage
  • [New Feature] Add System Service Page
  • [New Feature] Add Mydlink Account Management Page
  • [New Feature] My surveillance - Supports new camera models: DCS-2132L, DCS-2310L, DCS-2332L, DCS-6010L, DCS-7010L, DCS-930L B1, DCS-932L B1, DCS-942L B1, DCS-5222L B1, DCS-6045L; Supports generic D-Link model which complies NIPCA protocol; Enhance camera list UI in "Camera setup", "Audio and video" and "Recording Setup"
  • [New Feature] mydlink - Support My Surveillance redirect on mydlink portal
  • [New Feature] Multimedia - Enhance Contents Aggregation (pause/resume, show current processing file name, how many file remain)
  • [New Feature] Amazon S3 - Support multiple upload function
  • [New Feature] HTTP Download - Length of http download URL limitation from 256 to 1024
  • [New Feature] Web UI - IE10/IE11 compatibility enhancement
  • [New Feature] My Music - Optimize the DLNA play order by the tag of Album->Track Number->Artist
  • [New Feature] Multimedia - Update Media Library
  • [New Feature] HTTP Download - Length of http download URL limitation from 256 to 1024
  • [New Feature] Web GUI - Be able to log-in at NAS by pressing "Enter" on keyboard
  • [Bug Fix] Security - Several new security enhancements
  • [Bug Fix] mydlink - Connection issues with Mydlink and Fastweb is fixed (Italian ISP)
  • [Bug Fix] Multimedia - Remove DLNA redundant tag from Parent ID
  • [Bug Fix] DDNS - The free www.DynDNS.org service is no longer offered and has been removed
  • [Bug Fix] Other bug fixes
  • [Note] My Surveillance Service will be disabled after update firmware version to 1.04. Please re-install the surveillance add-on manually and enable the surveillance service after the add-on installed. All previous camera setting will be remained without any change
DNS-320L - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:09:02 PM by JavaLawyer »

enigmatic28

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 06:37:15 AM »

Hi,

I think the download link is incorrect, since I still cant see DCS-5222L B1 on the list of the cameras, i can only see DCS-5222L

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 07:42:36 AM »

Hi,

I think the download link is incorrect, since I still cant see DCS-5222L B1 on the list of the cameras, i can only see DCS-5222L

I double-checked the link and it's pointing to the correct file. Did you follow the note listed in the change log: "[Note] My Surveillance Service will be disabled after update firmware version to 1.04. Please re-install the surveillance add-on manually and enable the surveillance service after the add-on installed. All previous camera setting will be remained without any change"

Oliver18

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 06:01:39 PM »

it would be nice if Transmission add-on is working, i get a closed port from Transmission despite UPNP was enabled and even port forwarding through the router (DIR-655) and NAS (DNS-320L). it's been 2 years already and still not working. what an utter failure. i suggest you enhance the default torrent downloader and not to rely on that s***ty add-on, i've already wasted hours trying to make it work like the default torrent downloader of DNS-320L.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 07:12:52 PM »

it would be nice if Transmission add-on is working, i get a closed port from Transmission despite UPNP was enabled and even port forwarding through the router (DIR-655) and NAS (DNS-320L). it's been 2 years already and still not working. what an utter failure. i suggest you enhance the default torrent downloader and not to rely on that ****ty add-on, i've already wasted hours trying to make it work like the default torrent downloader of DNS-320L.

Did you try one of the newer Transmission add-on versions here: ShareCenter - Add-On Applications (Searchable Index)

enigmatic28

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 02:25:09 AM »

Hi,

I double-checked the link and it's pointing to the correct file. Did you follow the note listed in the change log: "[Note] My Surveillance Service will be disabled after update firmware version to 1.04. Please re-install the surveillance add-on manually and enable the surveillance service after the add-on installed. All previous camera setting will be remained without any change"

When i installed the FW, the My Surveillance Service was not disabled. I also tried rolling back to the previous firmware then upgrade to the posted firmware and the same thing happened, the application was not disabled.

I have also installed the latest FW posted for DCS-5222L B1 but it still was not properly supported contrary to what the release notes mentioned.
1. The drop down menu only have DCS-5222L on the list
2. I tried to removed the camera on the list and re-install it using DCS-5222L from the list, but H.264 format is still not supported, still have to use MJPEG as format.

I'll try disabling the application and re-enable it again just to see what happen.

enigmatic28

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 02:39:49 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

I restarted the service but still the same, H.264 is still nut supported for DCS-5222L B1.
When i used the "Camera Search" buton, it did detected that the camera is DCS-5222L B1, but when i installed it defaulted to "Generic Model".
My guess is ether they forgot to apply the update on the My Surveillance application or there is something wrong on my camera.

Hoping that someone can reproduce my issue.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 05:45:38 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

I restarted the service but still the same, H.264 is still nut supported for DCS-5222L B1.
When i used the "Camera Search" buton, it did detected that the camera is DCS-5222L B1, but when i installed it defaulted to "Generic Model".
My guess is ether they forgot to apply the update on the My Surveillance application or there is something wrong on my camera.

Hoping that someone can reproduce my issue.

I don't have a DNS-320L to test, but the FW release notes specifically say "Please re-install the surveillance add-on manually and enable the surveillance service after the add-on installed." From what you wrote in your prior posts, it sounds like you disabled/enabled the add-on, but did not remove and manual re-install the add-on as per the instructions. Manual install means uploading the surveillance add-on file into your DNS-320L.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 03:44:32 PM »

it would be nice if Transmission add-on is working, i get a closed port from Transmission despite UPNP was enabled and even port forwarding through the router (DIR-655) and NAS (DNS-320L). it's been 2 years already and still not working. what an utter failure. i suggest you enhance the default torrent downloader and not to rely on that ****ty add-on, i've already wasted hours trying to make it work like the default torrent downloader of DNS-320L.

Did you try one of the newer Transmission add-on versions here: ShareCenter - Add-On Applications (Searchable Index)

@Oliver18 - did you have an opportunity to try a newer version of Transmission?

enigmatic28

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 04:57:32 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

Ok, I uninstalled the My Surveillance but unfortunately i'm not able  to find any of the installer from the ftp site of dlink so i decided to re-apply the FW.
Now...
Good News:
1. The My Surveillance was upgraded from 2.01 to 2.03
2. The DCS5222L B1 is indeed properly supported and H.264 is indeed supported now
3. DCS-2310L H.264 is also now supported, previously just JPEG

The Bad news:
1. After i uninstall My Surveillance, all of my recording has now been deleted, so make sure to back-up you recordings first before uninstalling it.
2. All of my settings has been deleted, so the note on the release note is not true.

In summary:
It did fixed the camera support issue but it deleted all of my settings and recordings. So make sure you perform your back-up before doing it.

Additionally, can you please post the link to My Surveillance 2.03 installer so that they can just re-install that application and not do the same method that i did where i install the FW, delete My Surveillance, and then reinstalling the FW.

Again, make sure to back-up your settings and videos

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 08:39:41 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

Ok, I uninstalled the My Surveillance but unfortunately i'm not able  to find any of the installer from the ftp site of dlink so i decided to re-apply the FW.
Now...
Good News:
1. The My Surveillance was upgraded from 2.01 to 2.03
2. The DCS5222L B1 is indeed properly supported and H.264 is indeed supported now
3. DCS-2310L H.264 is also now supported, previously just JPEG

The Bad news:
1. After i uninstall My Surveillance, all of my recording has now been deleted, so make sure to back-up you recordings first before uninstalling it.
2. All of my settings has been deleted, so the note on the release note is not true.

In summary:
It did fixed the camera support issue but it deleted all of my settings and recordings. So make sure you perform your back-up before doing it.

Additionally, can you please post the link to My Surveillance 2.03 installer so that they can just re-install that application and not do the same method that i did where i install the FW, delete My Surveillance, and then reinstalling the FW.

Again, make sure to back-up your settings and videos

Thanks for your detailed testing results. I'll see if I can get an active link to My Surveillance.

Oliver18

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 08:46:02 AM »

I did but still the same, for some reason transmission has few connections to seeds and peers, because of "closed port" bug of TransmissionBT. i already disabled encryption since my ISP doesn't throttle downloads, and to allow many peers to connect. But still the same slow download.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 08:51:38 AM »

My Surveillance Add-On v2.0.3

NOTE: The source locations may strip the .zip extenstion from the add-on package. The add-on package needs to be extracted prior to uplolad. Additionally, the .doc extension may be stripped from the release notes, so please add the extension to view the document.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 11:31:45 AM »

My Surveillance Add-On v2.0.3

NOTE: The source locations may strip the .zip extenstion from the add-on package. The add-on package needs to be extracted prior to uplolad. Additionally, the .doc extension may be stripped from the release notes, so please add the extension to view the document.

I just asked D-Link to add the files to the USA servers. You can now download the files here  support.dlink.com under DNS-320L or visit the FTP site directly here: ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DNS-320L/REVA/. These links should be must faster than the one provided in my prior post!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:39:27 AM by JavaLawyer »
Pages: [1] 2 3