• March 28, 2024, 04:52:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: DCS-932L, solid red light, 'reset' don't work  (Read 176173 times)

ram4784

Re: DCS-932L, solid red light, 'reset' don't work
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 10:36:55 AM »

I didn't try my old router because I reset it and using it elsewhere.

I DID get a green light on the camera by disconnecting the wired ethernet and pushing the weps button on the camera and the router. Repeat, got a green light.

Can you detail to me what to do next?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 10:48:16 AM »

First see if you can get into the Web UI on your browser using the steps I outlined earlier.
Enter the camera IP address into the browser.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ram4784

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »

Yep, I'm in.
Went to maintenance/firmware update.
Current firmware is 1.04 dated 8/15/12

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 11:13:01 AM »

Yep, I'm in.
Went to maintenance/firmware update.
Current firmware is 1.04 dated 8/15/12

Great! Next step....

If the camera is working the way you like it, then there's no need to upgrade the firmware. If it's not broken, then don't fix it.

If you need to upgrade the firmware then do the following:

• Download the latest DCS-932L FW from mydlink.com/support AND
  • Download the latest Wizard setup software from the same site.
  • After you upgrade the firmware, if the camera isn't recognized on mydlink, then use the new wizard software to re-establish mydlink connectivity.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:34:24 AM by JavaLawyer »

ram4784

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 12:16:31 PM »

So far so good.

I have downloaded and installed the new firmware 1.06, still working
still downloading new wizard. will update.
Mydlink shows no devices so I guess i will need to run the wizard once its downloaded?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 12:25:50 PM »

So far so good.

I have downloaded and installed the new firmware 1.06, still working
still downloading new wizard. will update.
Mydlink shows no devices so I guess i will need to run the wizard once its downloaded?

Yes, the new wizard is required to re-associate your camera with mydlink.
Post back after everything is sorted out!

ram4784

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 01:11:01 PM »

Javalawyer, you're a genuine rocket scientist!
Thanks for all the help and support!
We are back on line............

jeaves726

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 10:30:57 AM »

I talked to dlink (mine was still under warranty).  They said it was toast.  I did the replacement deal with them and sent me another one.  I'm back up and running, but the old camera was dead.

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 11:10:15 PM »

my 932L is also also now a toast. 
It is showing a solid red light along with the WPS blue light. Reset wont help

It lost connection to the network, and it was a little bit more hot when I touch it.
It might have overheated because the case cracks open little bit. The warranty sticker is still intact.
Now I cannot find my receipt hehe... and I think this unit is more than 1 year old already.
Oh well....

The only reason I'm sticking to mydlink products is because I can access them behind firewall and ISP's private IP address.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 07:42:14 AM »

The only reason I'm sticking to mydlink products is because I can access them behind firewall and ISP's private IP address.

ISP's private IP address?  Ummm, it's public, not private.

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2013, 06:38:12 AM »

ISP's private IP address?  Ummm, it's public, not private.

some ISP provides you an accessible public IP.  My ISP provides 10.x.x.x.x so I cannot view it remotely.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2013, 09:25:30 AM »

some ISP provides you an accessible public IP.  My ISP provides 10.x.x.x.x so I cannot view it remotely.

Does this return anything?   ???

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+my+ip+address

mbetesh

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932/933L, solid red light -- MY DLINK LITE APP broke camera
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 08:05:22 PM »

If you performed a factory reset and still can't get to the web UI through a direct connection, and the router can't see the device (looking at the router UI device table), then the device may be rendered inoperable.

At any point while the camera was working, did you try to upgrade the firmware through a wireless connection that broke during the upgrade process? That sort of scenario can break the camera.

This is exactly what happened to me.  I WAS PROMPTED TO UPGRADE MY FIRMWARE BY THE MYDLINK LITE APP ON MY IPHONE.  Because the camera was connected to my network wirelessly, it broke the camera.   I was not warned to not upgrade because  the camera was in wireless mode.  Shame on you, D-Link.  And to make matters worse, I can't contact customer support because my camera is out of warranty!!!!

panahead

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »

i have the same problem... i have a apple mac computer... have 4 dlink cameras that all are working... but i have one that i can't seem to get to work? i have reset it by pushing the reset button on the back for 10 seconds.. both unplugged and plugged in... i have tried unplugging the power.... i have both the laptop and the camera plugged into the same router (apple airport)... as a side note on another camera that had been sitting in the drawer for a long time it had a green light but the dlink set up wizard running on the laptop plugged in the to the same router and it never saw the camera... but when i ran the  dlink app from a iphone and searched for cameras i found it and was able to update the software and set up the camera.... this other one the red light is always on... please help... i hate to brick it... there MUST be something that i can do to get it going?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 12:38:09 PM »

What region are you located?

Can you set up the camera thats giving the Red LED indication on a wired LAN connection and reset the camera again and see if it can get an IP address from the main host router?

i have the same problem... i have a apple mac computer... have 4 dlink cameras that all are working... but i have one that i can't seem to get to work? i have reset it by pushing the reset button on the back for 10 seconds.. both unplugged and plugged in... i have tried unplugging the power.... i have both the laptop and the camera plugged into the same router (apple airport)... as a side note on another camera that had been sitting in the drawer for a long time it had a green light but the dlink set up wizard running on the laptop plugged in the to the same router and it never saw the camera... but when i ran the  dlink app from a iphone and searched for cameras i found it and was able to update the software and set up the camera.... this other one the red light is always on... please help... i hate to brick it... there MUST be something that i can do to get it going?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5