• April 19, 2024, 06:58:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Using a DSM-520 with a DNS 323 "Not able to access folders"  (Read 4561 times)

anderson201

Using a DSM-520 with a DNS 323 "Not able to access folders"
« on: February 09, 2008, 02:53:04 PM »

DNS is on firm 1.04 and the DSM is on 1.05 I can access movies, music but I have not been able to access photos. When I try to access photos it give me Not able to access folder. After that happens i can't access movies or music either. When I reboot the DNS it allows me to access the music or movies again. Looking for help on why? and how to fix

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Using a DSM-520 with a DNS 323 "Not able to access folders"
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »

Try refreshing the media server. If you have the UPnP AV media server set to the root try setting it to a folder only containing your multi media content.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

anderson201

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 05:00:04 PM »

Thanks I have already tried to do that I was sharing the root and then checked it back to the folder called volume 1 (has music, movies and photos in it) I have since moved it back to root. I have opened up a case on this and now tonight they gave me a new case number starting ALR. The interesting part is now tonight it will allow me to see the photo folders but locks up without showing keeping all the thumbnails black. (Have to reboot 520 after that happens) Just to keep thing simple I've connected the DSM-520 to the DNS323 through a DGS-2208 all at my desk. As another side note I have a few Media players in the house that just stream music they work great even off windows media player or Dlinks media server but not the DNS-323 it shows me the folders and the songs but when i go to play the song the media player says format not supported. It's MP3. I'm wondering if I have an issue with the UPnP server on the DNS-323. Just to give some information overload sometimes my DSM-520 will show the movie files and sometimes not.  Thanks for anymore info!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 09:58:54 AM »

If the Photos are taken with a high resolution cameras and stored  I have found that you can get strange issue like this.

If your DSM-520 is connected wireless you may want to try it wired.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream