D-Link Wireless Adapters > DWA-192

Irregular Disconnections

(1/4) > >>

Lumberjack:
I'm using this usb wifi orb for more than a year and I'm experiencing constant, yet irregular, internet disconnections. It doesn't matter whether I'm using it on the latest Windows 10 version or on Hackintosh Clover (newest version as of today) OS X Mojave and now Catalina (I'm using the Clover driver provided on this forum for my Catalina hackintosh). Sometimes the connection lasts 10 minutes, other times it lasts an hour so it's very unpredictable. Once I reconnect to the same Router at the same frequency, it starts working again, but I do have to manually reconnect it in the wireless dropdown menu on my Hackintosh.

This problem persists with any frequency (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) and on multiple versions of Windows 10 and Mac OS X. It worked that way on El Capitan, Mojave and now Catalina. I contacted support and they gave me a completely new hardware unit, including new USB 3 cable, but the same problems are still there. I'm guessing it's a major Software flaw. Is this issue common and is it easily fixable?

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What driver version are you using?
Are you using a USB extension cable with the cable included in the box?

I'm using v1.08 currently for Windows on Windows 10x64.

Lumberjack:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on April 14, 2020, 11:56:17 AM ---Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What driver version are you using?
Are you using a USB extension cable with the cable included in the box?

I'm using v1.08 currently for Windows on Windows 10x64.

--- End quote ---

Hello Mr. Nutz

Sorry for the late reply, but I had to do the cross-dressing mission in Final Fantasy VII Remake to get to Don Corneo's bedroom.

I'm from Switzerland and the router I'm using is an internet provider exclusive built by Arcadyan to their specifications. Here's a document of the router in question: https://fiber.salt.ch/sites/default/files/2019-08/Conformity-Certificate-_-Salt-Fiber-Box.pdf

I can't find the MFR on any document but so far, all my laptops, mobile phones, PS4 including this very computer I'm writing from, that has these problems when I use the DWA 192, work flawlessly in conjuction with the router. My Gigabyte Z390 Designare motherboard came with a built in WiFi card that works flawlessly with the router in question on Windows 10 64bit but I had to buy the DWA 192 in order to use it with the Mac portion of the computer, since the built in card by Intel is not working under Mac OS X with Clover.

My driver for Windows 10 64bit is 1.08B03 and the driver for Mac is Wireless USB Adapter Clover-V14 which I've downloaded from Github as a workaround solution for Mac OS X Catalina. As I mentioned before, over the last year, I've had the same problems with earlier firmware versions too.

I'm using the USB cable that came with the DWA 192 and I connect it diretly to a USB 3 port on my motherboard.

Do you need any other information regarding my setup?

FurryNutz:
I would take the 192 to a different location and see if the same thing happens if you use a different wifi router. Work, friend or families place. See if the problem follows.

Lumberjack:
I tried my DWA 192 on my laptop (Windows 10 64bit latest driver) and there the interreptions happened again. Just switching from 5GHz to 2.4GHz forces the 192 to reestablish a connection to the same router and then the internet connection works again. I'm 100% sure it's not a hardware failure of the 192 or my router. It has to be a software error. Is there a failure report that I could generate on Windows or Mac?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version