• April 25, 2024, 09:41:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-320L not working properly  (Read 3275 times)

crimsonsolace

• Level 1 Member
DNS-320L not working properly
« on: June 05, 2013, 06:20:46 AM »

I bought a DNS-320L around feb/march of 2013. I mounted it with a 2TB and 4TB Seagate HDD. Up until a few days ago it was working perfectly. But suddenly I am having the following problem. I did not drop it or anything. It was just working one day. I disconnected it from the power to move it, and then it was not working properly.

When I turn on the power, it is making a beeping noise. The power, and both HDD lights are on at blue (not flashing).
But the funny thing is, I have tried both HDD's on both bays one at a time. And as long as I dont put both in, it works fine. Both HDD are readable from any bay, unless I put both in at the same time.
I also noticed that the fan at the back is not running.

Any ideas on what might be the problem and how I can fix it?

Thanks for any help. :)

NixZero

• Level 2 Member
Re: DNS-320L not working properly
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 07:34:44 AM »

difficult to tell without some diagnostic tool but it "feel" like the box dont get enought juice to power both disks - maybe the power brick popped a condensator
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:40:26 AM by NixZero »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-320L not working properly
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 07:45:44 AM »

If this is a physical issue with the device you should be able to get an RMA from D-Link rather quickly. If this is the case, I recommend calling D-Link (rather than email) and work your way up the escalation chain. Although you may want to do more troubleshooting first before committing to getting a replacement.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC