• March 28, 2024, 02:59:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DCS-2230 - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 101700 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-2230 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 06:10:54 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• FTP - Option to save images in hieerarchical time folders (similar to DCS-930L/932L), using a date-based file naming convention (yyyymmddhhmmssxx) and date-based folder naming convention (i.e. new folder created each day/hour/0.5 hours)
  • General - Add underscores to file naming convention to improve readability (e.g. yyyy_mmdd_hhmmssxx)
  • General - Support for additional ports (e.g. 800, 801, etc.)
  • Email - Option to customize email subject and body
  • Email - Option to add date/time stamp in the email subject and body
  • Events - Option to configure multiple conditions and actions that trigger a single event
  • Events - Support for more than 3 events
  • Events - Option to enable/disable events directly in the Event Setup Page (rather than drilling into the event definition)[/color]
  • Video - Increase Maximum Duration and Maximum File Size in MEDIA TYPE
  • Storage - Option to delete non-empty directories on the SD card without first deleting all nested files/directories
  • General - Add option overwrite image with same name in Setup/Event, Setup/Media file, and Snapshot
  • Add or enable dot symbol in Remote Folder Name for Setup/Event, Setup/Server, and FTP
  • General - Name recording folders and files usin***YYY/MM/DD 24H format to ensure proper sorting
  • General - Option to select different image settings when ICR is disabled (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.)
  • General - Option to select different image settings (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.) on a schedule
  • General - Option to automatically overwrite existing files on the SD card when the SD card is full
  • Date - Option to change OSD date format (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD)
  • General - Option to to watermark video footage with user-selected image file
  • Date - Option to change OSD time format (i.e. 12 hour AM/PM and 24 Hour)
  • Motion Detection - Option to configure minimum recording duration following a motion detection events (e.g. configure camera to record for one hour following a motion dtection event)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

dllb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 12:52:23 PM »

I have a couple of webcam sites that require a fixed ftp name (i.e. no date/time stamp on the file name). So it would be great if there was an option just to use the prefix without the date/time. I have a linksys and a panasonic web cams that have the option of not having date stamp.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:36:46 PM by dllb »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »

I have a couple of webcam sites that require a fixed ftp name (i.e. no date/time stamp on the file name). So it would be great if there was an option just to use the prefix without the date/time. I have a linksys and a panasonic web cams that have the option of not having date stamp.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 04:31:47 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• FTP - Option to save images in hieerarchical time folders (similar to DCS-930L/932L), using a date-based file naming convention (yyyymmddhhmmssxx) and date-based folder naming convention (i.e. new folder created each day/hour/0.5 hours)
  • General - Add underscores to file naming convention to improve readability (e.g. yyyy_mmdd_hhmmssxx)
  • General - Option to save files to an FTP location with a fixed filename (i.e. no date stamp appended to filename)
  • Events - Option to configure multiple conditions and actions that trigger a single event
  • Events - Option to enable/disable events directly in the Event Setup Page (rather than drilling into the event definition)[/color]
  • Storage - Option to delete non-empty directories on the SD card without first deleting all nested files/directories
  • General - Add option overwrite image with same name in Setup/Event, Setup/Media file, and Snapshot
  • Add or enable dot symbol in Remote Folder Name for Setup/Event, Setup/Server, and FTP
  • General - Name recording folders and files usin***YYY/MM/DD 24H format to ensure proper sorting
  • General - Option to select different image settings when ICR is disabled (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.)
  • General - Option to select different image settings (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.) on a schedule
  • General - Option to automatically overwrite existing files on the SD card when the SD card is full
  • Date - Option to change OSD date format (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD)
  • Motion Detection - Option to configure minimum recording duration following a motion detection events (e.g. configure camera to record for one hour following a motion dtection event)

• TBD

belvedere

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 10:07:16 AM »

I would add:

• Eliminate the e-mails with one-line .log files attached.  They clutter the mailbox and are difficult to filter at the mail client.
  • Add more sophisticated motion detection choices---for example, detect only dark regions that move from left-to-right in the field of view.  My camera is behind glass and either gets sun glare on the window or shadows of trees moving randomly, and produces many false triggers as a result.
  • Desensitize the motion detection to changes in overall image light level.  For example, if the sun goes behind a cloud and the whole picture gets darker or lighter, that should not be detected as motion.
  • Eliminate the need for ActiveX to set motion regions, perhaps using Java instead.
  • On the motion configuration page, show real-time indicators of the thresholds reached in the last motion event so that tuning the sensitivity threshold and PIR sensitivity level is easier.  For example, they could put a resettable peak reading on there so that I can have someone walk in front of the camera under various conditions and get a much better idea of what threshold or PIR sensitivity threshold is necessary for reliable detection.
  • Blank out the motion detection during the brief transitions between day and night mode.
  • Make day/night mode switching less sensitive (larger hysteresis)---camera toggles back way too much with marginal but constant light.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:37:44 PM by belvedere »

MrP

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »

Hi,

Could feature request, as requested in DCS-2132L (and DCS-2210 forum), also be added to DCS-2210/2230 FW?

Event Setup - Add option under Media and Snap Shot to select number of impages to save before overwriting the  earliest images

/BR MrP
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:38:45 PM by MrP »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2014, 06:48:49 AM »

I would add:

• Add more sophisticated motion detection choices---for example, detect only dark regions that move from left-to-right in the field of view.  My camera is behind glass and either gets sun glare on the window or shadows of trees moving randomly, and produces many false triggers as a result.
  • Desensitize the motion detection to changes in overall image light level.  For example, if the sun goes behind a cloud and the whole picture gets darker or lighter, that should not be detected as motion.
  • On the motion configuration page, show real-time indicators of the thresholds reached in the last motion event so that tuning the sensitivity threshold and PIR sensitivity level is easier.  For example, they could put a resettable peak reading on there so that I can have someone walk in front of the camera under various conditions and get a much better idea of what threshold or PIR sensitivity threshold is necessary for reliable detection.
  • Blank out the motion detection during the brief transitions between day and night mode.
  • Make day/night mode switching less sensitive (larger hysteresis)---camera toggles back way too much with marginal but constant light.

Added to the wishlist...  ;)

I would add:

• Eliminate the e-mails with one-line .log files attached.  They clutter the mailbox and are difficult to filter at the mail client.
  • Eliminate the need for ActiveX to set motion regions, perhaps using Java instead.

Please elaborate on the "Eliminate the emails..." request  ???
ActiveX is not required for all browsers. Firefox uses Java.
[/list]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2014, 06:49:09 AM »

Hi,

Could feature request, as requested in DCS-2132L (and DCS-2210 forum), also be added to DCS-2210/2230 FW?

Event Setup - Add option under Media and Snap Shot to select number of impages to save before overwriting the  earliest images

/BR MrP

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2014, 06:51:22 AM »

The wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• General - Add or enable dot symbol in Remote Folder Name for Setup/Event, Setup/Server, and FTP
  • Events - Add option under Media and Snap Shot to select number of impages to save before overwriting the  earliest images
  • FTP - Option to save files to an FTP location with a fixed filename (i.e. no date stamp appended to filename)
  • Motion Detection - Add real-time motion detection test to the settings page to more easily configure thresholds
  • Motion Detection - Add logic to prevent false trigger resulting from changing light levels
  • Motion Detection - Add advanced logic (e.g. only detect movement from left-to-right acros the FOV) to prevent normal background events (e.g. fluttering tree leaves) from triggering motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Option to configure minimum recording duration following a motion detection events (e.g. configure camera to record for one hour following a motion detection event)
  • Night Mode - Add logic/tolerance to prevent toggling between Day/Night Mode when light level is near Day/Night threshold
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • SD Card - Option to delete non-empty directories on the SD card without first deleting all nested files/directories
  • SD Card - Option to automatically overwrite existing files on the SD card when the SD card is full

• TBD
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:56:02 AM by JavaLawyer »

eueg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2014, 04:44:19 AM »

Please elaborate on the "Eliminate the emails..." request  ???
    ActiveX is not required for all browsers. Firefox uses Java.
    [/list]

I have the same issue regarding the "e-mails with one-line .log files attached."  Basically, when motion triggers happen and email is sent with the pics, there are also 1-6 other emails sent with the same "alarm email" body as the emails with the pictures, but the attachment in this case is a tiny file titled something like "evt_20140222_200338096.log".  Inside, the files only contain this "Event : Motion detected"

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
    • Level 15 Member
      • FoundFootageCritic
    « Reply #40 on: February 25, 2014, 04:55:28 AM »

I have the same issue regarding the "e-mails with one-line .log files attached."  Basically, when motion triggers happen and email is sent with the pics, there are also 1-6 other emails sent with the same "alarm email" body as the emails with the pictures, but the attachment in this case is a tiny file titled something like "evt_20140222_200338096.log".  Inside, the files only contain this "Event : Motion detected"
    Understood, thanks for clarifying.
    Added to the firmware wishlist. . .  ;)[/list]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
    • Level 15 Member
      • FoundFootageCritic
    « Reply #41 on: February 25, 2014, 04:57:36 AM »

The wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• General - Add or enable dot symbol in Remote Folder Name for Setup/Event, Setup/Server, and FTP
    • Email - Option to disable emailing of log files triggered by motion detection
    • Events - Add option under Media and Snap Shot to select number of impages to save before overwriting the  earliest images
    • Events - Option to enable/disable events directly in the Event Setup Page (rather than drilling into the event definition)
    • FTP - Option to save files to an FTP location with a fixed filename (i.e. no date stamp appended to filename)
    • Motion Detection - Add real-time motion detection test to the settings page to more easily configure thresholds
    • Motion Detection - Add logic to prevent false trigger resulting from changing light levels
    • Motion Detection - Add advanced logic (e.g. only detect movement from left-to-right acros the FOV) to prevent normal background events (e.g. fluttering tree leaves) from triggering motion detection events
    • Motion Detection - Option to configure minimum recording duration following a motion detection events (e.g. configure camera to record for one hour following a motion detection event)
    • Night Mode - Add logic/tolerance to prevent toggling between Day/Night Mode when light level is near Day/Night threshold
    • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
    • SD Card - Option to delete non-empty directories on the SD card without first deleting all nested files/directories
    • SD Card - Option to automatically overwrite existing files on the SD card when the SD card is full

• TBD

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
    • Level 15 Member
      • FoundFootageCritic
    « Reply #42 on: April 04, 2014, 08:08:23 AM »

Hi!  Sorry for the delay (I'm not a "regular" here)

The e-mail .log issue has already been addressed above.  I was also able to make them less frequent by increasing the blank-out time between detecting motion events.

On the Java/ActiveX issue: I have three The DCS-942L cameras that use a Java applet for drawing the motion area in the Manual Motion Detection setup screen.  It works with any browser that supports Java including Safari and Firefox on Mac OSX.

On the DCS-2230, the Manual Motion Detection Setup seems to use an ActiveX control for choosing the motion area, so it works only with IE on a Windows computer.  It does not work with Safari or Firefox.  Everything else with the camera works with the Mac except for the motion setup.

Split into new post: DCS-2230 - Browser Issue

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
    • Level 15 Member
      • FoundFootageCritic
    « Reply #43 on: May 12, 2014, 05:35:43 AM »

As fas as I can tell, you've stumbled on the same firmware bug I encountered a while ago.

Profile 1 must always be set to 1080p.  Any setting other than 1080p for Profile 1 will "break" the other profiles and cause them to appear "zoomed in" relative to what the camera actually sees.

You can set Profile 2 to 720p and use that for your 720p feed, but leave Profile 1 as 1080p.

By the way, once this happens, the camera may stick in this condition even if you change Profile 1 back to 1080p.   If you can't get it to look correct again, try changing the aspect ratio to 4:3, saving, then switching it back to 16:9.

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
    • Level 15 Member
      • FoundFootageCritic
    « Reply #44 on: May 12, 2014, 05:36:35 AM »

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• Email - Option to disable emailing of log files triggered by motion detection
    • Events - Option to enable/disable events directly in the Event Setup Page (rather than drilling into the event definition)
    • Video Profiles - Bug - "Video Profile 1" must be set to 1080p, otherwise Video Profiles 2 and 3 will not work properly (the images appear zoomed-in relative to the actual image)

• TBD
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4