• March 18, 2024, 08:58:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Set default resolution  (Read 4453 times)

rperego

• Level 1 Member
Set default resolution
« on: March 29, 2018, 12:21:45 AM »

Is there a way to fix the resolution so that when a camera is selected from the app it always comes up the same?
For instance on my 2332L at 720p rather than sometimes at 240 or 480.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Set default resolution
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 06:38:27 AM »

If you select 720 from within the app it should save the setting unless you change it in the web UI.  I will ask a tech to test.

Is it only the 2332L or all your cameras?

rperego

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 10:14:09 AM »

I think just the 2332L. I think my 933 only supports one resolution.
In the web ui I don't see anything about a default although admittedly I don't understand some settings. Like do the 3 "profiles" correspond to the 3 resolution options I see in the app display?
I have another reason for setting a default. Like the user who posted about speed issues, I am using another app in addition to mydlink lite - OWLR because it is so much faster than mydlink lite. But, it doesn't offer me the resolution choices.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 10:31:09 AM »

Honestly I do not know about if the profile in the GUI sets the default for the app. Good question.  I will ask and have it tested hopefully by end of day.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »

I got a 2332L with latest firmware (1.8.3).

It looks like Profile 1 is tied into the app.  In the web UI (setup > Audio and Video) under Video Profile 1, if I change the frame size to below 1280x720, 720 is no longer an option in the app.

Also randomly if I changed settings to Video Profile 1 and I go back into the app, it does put it down to 240.

This is remotely and locally.

rperego

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 05:40:48 PM »

I also played with profile settings although it wouldn't let me change profile 3.   I thought changing profile 2 to the same settings as profile 1 might result in only two resolution options in the app,  but no.
Curiously however, when I changed profile 2 from JPEG to H.264 my OWL app for the 2332L camera wouldn't work.  Looks like OWL is looking for a JPEG setting in the camera.
I may have to give up on figuring out how to always have the camera come up at 720 unless someone in the forum can help.  This camera is too old for free tech support.  Changing the resolution isn't that big a deal compared to how slow mydlink lite is.
Thanks for the interest.