• April 23, 2024, 01:55:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: What is country specific in the firmware updates?  (Read 3774 times)

Chortle

• Level 1 Member
What is country specific in the firmware updates?
« on: April 28, 2012, 01:58:32 AM »

One of the forum members pointed out to me that I should check if my country is on the D-Link supported list of countries. It isn't. The nearest country, Malaysia, is on the list but only has version 1.8 of the firmware.

I'm after version 1.10, so that I can use two 2TB drives and then revert to something earlier and more stable.

What is country specific about these firmware updates?

jhtopping

• Level 2 Member
Re: What is country specific in the firmware updates?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 01:04:25 PM »

You may get more information here.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=47173.0

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 07:09:14 AM »

To the best of my knowledge - nothing - you may run into support issues, with support people saying we don't support that firmware, but none of the firmware releases so far have had anything to either tie it to a given country, or to exclude a give country.

I started with ver 1.02 and have upgraded as the new releases have come out, I'm currently running the latest 1.10 whatever and live in a country that DLink has never heard of - my one attempt to contact tech support resulted in them telling me they couldn't provide me with support because I was not in the US, which I told them was of no relevance since we were discussing a US market product purchased in the US, and running US firmware.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:22:39 AM »

Copyright and License issues are frequently region specific.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC