• April 25, 2024, 01:39:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Shareport Issues  (Read 2660 times)

Johnsonn1

• Level 1 Member
Shareport Issues
« on: March 16, 2009, 04:19:38 AM »

Good day
I have had perfect service from my DIR 655 router for approx one yr now. Recently i have noticed that i have issues when i try to print to the printer that is connected to the usb connection of the router i.e HP officejet pro k550.
The thing is that whenever i send an document to print it fails, the connection to the printer is established but the printer constantly switches from online to offline to paused.
I have try reinstalling and upgrading both the printer software and the shareport utility, however this has not solved the problem. After trying once again to solve the issuse on my own i have experienced the dreaded BSOD.
Could anyone please offer some assistance as to what step to take to resolve this issue. The following is my network setup.

1 wired computer runing windows xp sp3
1 laptop running vista premium sp1 (wireless)
1 xbox 360

points to note
i can print perfectly from my laptop with no issues

RamItMan

• Level 1 Member
Re: Shareport Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 06:55:43 AM »

Are you running the beta firmware? Are you running shareport v1.14? When I updated the firmware to 1.21 running shareport 1.00 I kept having issues. I have now upgraded the firmware to beta 1.22b05 and the shareport software to 1.14 and everything is great!

Johnsonn1

• Level 1 Member
Re: Shareport Issues
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »

no i'm not running any beta firmware but i am using the latest  i think it is 1.21 ...i'm runing sharepoint 1.14