• April 24, 2024, 01:33:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Right enconding for HD Content and wireless playback  (Read 4114 times)

manusz

• Level 2 Member
Right enconding for HD Content and wireless playback
« on: April 15, 2009, 12:18:22 PM »

I have a couple of videos compressed in matroska file format (.mkv).
To play them, through WM 11, on my DSM-510 I should recode them to any compatible video format ¿Any sugestions?
Most files are compressed 720p 23.976 fps and around 4300 kbps. To play them wirelessly and flawlessly, should I downgrade the bit rate to what level? Will this improve playback?
How can I improve playback?
On the other hand, does anybody knows a good program to enconde this files to divx or xvid (I think these formats are the best for DSM-510) I´m ussing "super" wich works very well but it takes too long.
I´m running Vista x64 Athlon x2 5600 (2.9 Ghz.) 4GB RAM 500 GB RAID HD (2 x 250)

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member
Re: Right enconding for HD Content and wireless playback
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:23:55 PM »

MKV and x264 files will play on the 510 NOW.........I'm using the brand new (latest version) of TVersity and I'm watching a .mkv file right now......it works great and clearly is a software issue as far as being able to watch .mkv HD files on the DSM-510.......Give it a whirl, works great for me.........WHY Dlink couldn't figure this out is beyond my comprehension..........

eman

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 06:40:31 PM »

pmjobe... I am running version 1.5 Beta of TVersity (just released) to drive a 510, 520 and 750. TVersity  transcribes .mkv to .mpg, regardless of model being streamed to. It suspends the transcribing before it can stream to the 510. I am running a N wireless network and being a G device, the 510 may not have enough bandwidth. Are you hardwired to the 510?

Thanks, ce

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:50:35 PM »

pmjobe... I am running version 1.5 Beta of TVersity (just released) to drive a 510, 520 and 750. TVersity  transcribes .mkv to .mpg, regardless of model being streamed to. It suspends the transcribing before it can stream to the 510. I am running a N wireless network and being a G device, the 510 may not have enough bandwidth. Are you hardwired to the 510?

Thanks, ce

Hey Runner..........
My 510 is hardwired to my Netgear N router and I'm streaming media from my laptop running Vista and the latest Tversity 1.5.   to the Dlink that way.  Hope this helps.   Once in a while a certain MKV file is a little qwerky, but if I restart the Tversity it works fine............Good luck all, gotta love software.

manusz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 04:41:58 AM »

Tryed TVersity under Vista x64 but didn`t work. Unfortunately is quite faster than i386 but still has compatibility issues.