• April 24, 2024, 06:31:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: unable to connect to network share  (Read 1263 times)

Snooperace

• Level 1 Member
unable to connect to network share
« on: November 02, 2015, 02:21:45 AM »

Hi
Can someone please assist me with the correct way to set up shares on my DNS320L nas server.  I am able to access network shares if they are set with no restrictions on them but when I configure one Network share folder that has restricted access for one user only I get a pop up on my windows 7 machine requesting a user name and password.

Now which account is this referring to the user account created on the Nas or on my windows 7 machine

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: unable to connect to network share
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 08:04:39 AM »

Strange as it might seem it is the NAS user A/C name and password it is asking for.  You also need to tick the remember password box unless you want to be asked to enter name/password every time you access that share.

Snooperace

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 01:34:57 PM »

that is what I thought but even if I tried to login with nas\username I got access denied

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »

Are you sure you are using the user/password for the user you setup and NOT the username/password you use to access the NAS via the web UI? 
Did you also allow that user the necessary shares? 
Did you setup Samba/CFS and/or FTP for that user?

Above all did you save your settings at each stage?

Sorry if this is old hat but those are the most common things that stop people logging in to a user A/C.